Anyone else think this? I know people who think Nirvana are the pinnacle of all music, and worship Kurt Cobain as a god. I think there's something I'm missing, I mean they sound like shit, and Kurt blew his own brains out...
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
I wouldn't call Cobain a god, but they were pretty damn good, and definitely don't sound like shit.
⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸⫷⫸
Airline 3P Deluxe
Gibson SG Special w/ SD 59's
Victoria MIJ 60's Electric Guitar
Martin DCX1E
Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18
Bunch of Pedals
Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar
I'm not a huge fan, but why bother making a thread? You really just come across as being ignorant and a general douchebag. Nirvana were an incredibly influential band, and they have alot of die hard fans, so I would say fairly objectively that they aren't 'crap', just you don't like them.
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
why dont you go make another thread with another band you dont like aswel?
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
I think it`s strange that he gets so much praise for being a good guy, and he blew his brains out..kinda goes against good logic.
He made some good music, that`s kinda undeniable, but i`ve never respected him.
Quote by TTeddybear
The fact that Kurt has blown his brain out has nothing to do with their music...

Good point, Jimi and Bon puked themselves to death and Elvis shat himself to death but nobody holds it against them
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
Quote by Any7423
Anyone else think this? I know people who think Nirvana are the pinnacle of all music, and worship Kurt Cobain as a god. I think there's something I'm missing, I mean they sound like shit, and Kurt blew his own brains out...

I'm sure many people would agree with your opinion. But at least Cobain didn't spend his time on guitar forums posting boring threads, spouting some moralistic, insensitive crap about people who commit suicide. In a few years time people won't be talking about your dumb opinions. At least Cobain had something to offer.
inb4 lock:

Nirvana are an important band. They introduced grunge to a lot of people. I for one really like their music.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
Love being controversial :') The reason I have the problem I do, is that they killed good music. Don't get me wrong I love Grunge, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, the ones that aren't just a man screaming unintelligibly.
"We're content, to pitch our tent,
When the glory's evident"
Petra - Beyond Belief.
I find there music repetitive and boring and think contains talent slightly overrated but I have to respect them for what they did
Quote by Any7423
Love being controversial :') The reason I have the problem I do, is that they killed good music. Don't get me wrong I love Grunge, Pearl Jam, Alice In Chains, the ones that aren't just a man screaming unintelligibly.

They killed good music, yet you've listed some of their contempories that you like...
Makes sense.
My Soundcloud
Quote by Sparda93
I think it`s strange that he gets so much praise for being a good guy, and he blew his brains out..kinda goes against good logic.
He made some good music, that`s kinda undeniable, but i`ve never respected him.

How does committing suicide make you a bad guy?