Hello!, I got this guitar about 3 years ago now.The previous owner sed it was his back up guitar from his show days back in the 90's. (he also sed it was under his bed for a portion of that time) Its beautiful to play, a really respectful catch in my eyes. but enough with that,

I have bin looking around and can not find out when it was made the serial number 88598

also i would like to know why it has a bolt on for a usa?? it may of bin an option i dont really know.

ebony fret bord
mother of peril
was 3 nobs but well.. we all know previous ownrs...

Last edited by linkSC at Jan 12, 2012,
I may be wrong, but if it's bolt-on doesn't that make it a Dinky, not a Soloist?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I could also be wrong but I thought dinkys had only humbuckers ha
Quote by linkSC
I could also be wrong but I thought dinkys had only humbuckers ha

Nah, pretty sure the Dinky always has a bolt-on, Soloist is neck-thru. I don't think the pickups affect the name. Oh, I think they do the San Dimas which is bolt-on too, but that might just be Charvel
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
I own an 89 Soloist and it is neck-thru and has seperate switches for each pickup not the 5-way
my middle pickup never worked the guy befor me cut the wires like unesserly short... so i got a 3 way switch and 2 working pickups the middle being nothing ha
Quote by Paddy McK
Nah, pretty sure the Dinky always has a bolt-on, Soloist is neck-thru. I don't think the pickups affect the name. Oh, I think they do the San Dimas which is bolt-on too, but that might just be Charvel

Yeah, the 'San Dimas' is the name that they're giving to a regular strat body. As far as I know the only one that Jackson make at the moment is the Adrian Smith signature model.

I suppose they chose the name because they made a lot of strat bodied guitars back in the '80s when they were based at San Dimas, CA.

This guitar isn't necessarily from that factory, though, since they kept using San Dimas labelled neck plates even after the factory moved to Ontario, CA. In fact, with that serial number I'd guess it was an Ontario.

Being a bolt on is perfectly normal. They have made plenty of USA Dinkies over the years. Seeing a USA bolt on would only be odd if it was one of the other body shapes like a Rhoads or a Kelly.
Dude, Not gonna lie your guitar is ****ing gorgeous!
What kind of finish is that?
I own a Jackson too by the way.
NEW SIGNATURE!
im not sure what its called i just call it my caption crunch guitar haha
Since it's bolt-on, it's either a Dinky or a Fusion. To find out for sure, take the neck off the guitar and you'll find the info written in the neck pocket.
AMP:
5150 combo
GSP1101 + Tech 21 PE60

GUITARS:
ESP LTD M-255 w/ SD Full Shred
Kramer Vanguard w/ JE-1000 active preamp
Douglas WF-150sn w/ GFS "Hot Lead" set

EFFECTS:
Bos SD-1 (boost)
AMT DT-2

My Youtube Vids http://youtube.com/user/mogar
AUDIOZONE.DK has awncers my quesition, tis a fusion.... but i still have no idea when it comes down to it
I have a Jackson USA Kelly serial#J22212. Can anyone help me with the year of manufacture?