they weren't always trying to put an amp emulator into every product. I bought a line 6 floor pod plus years ago which has been in the closet for a few years. I decided yesterday to take it down only to be reminded of how worthless this thing is.
If they just focused on effects it would make a great budget pedal board, but you can't use it without the emulator, so automatically your(and my) tube amp is disqualified for use with this product.

It only has one effect and one delay pedal(so only one type of effect and one type of delay at a time) and using it in manual mode it only plays at 1/3 volume. Which means you have to set it up, then save the setting in a channel, so if you're looking to use multiple effects in a song(such as FCPREMIX) you have to cycle through channels. I guess their reasoning is while you're on stage if you need to switch tones quickly, which begs the question: what performing musician would use a damn floor pod?
Then there is the emulator, which 90% of the functions are devoted to, so if you already have a good sounding amp, line 6 is there to make sure their product makes it sound like shit.
Plus all of the amp models they use are vintage amps from the 1800's so you get little to no distortion, so using it to play anything requiring more overdrive than smooth jazz is out of the question.

After 20 minutes of dicking around with it trying to get it to sound like anything other than noise I threw it back in the closet, maybe I'll break it out in a few years when I forget how much I hate it.
Last edited by Vital-Signs at Jan 12, 2012,
Excellent. I am sure you made all those people eagerly looking to buy a Line 6 Floor Pod think again now........
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Nice!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by Shor
Excellent. I am sure you made all those people eagerly looking to buy a Line 6 Floor Pod think again now........

What's wrong with the m series?

And also, namm's right around the corner and who knows what they'll release.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by kutless999
What's wrong with the m series?

And also, namm's right around the corner and who knows what they'll release.

Maybe they will do a complete 180 and realize that the reason people never buy more than one line 6 product isn't because they met all of the customer's expectations. However, I'm not holding my breath.
For $700 you could get most if not all of the pedals you would need.
Boss Digi Delay: 140
Ibanez TS9: 100
Boss DS1 distortion: 40
Danelectro Equalizer: 25
Dunlop crybaby wah: 70
Boss RC-3 loop: 200
EHX big muff: 80

Total: 655

You can mix and max, that is what I would grab if I was putting together a pedal board.
My M13's absolutley great cheers. and works on the button everytime.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by Vital-Signs

You can mix and max, that is what I would grab if I was putting together a pedal board.

Your missing an amp in that range to compare it really (not to mention home recording equipment if you use it for that too) and mine was $600 new (which is beside the point).

I understand your bias because line 6 has made some sh*t cheap products, however saying all of there amp sims suck is pretty far from true unless you talking about cheap multi fx boards or spider series. Not everyone can crank a tube for home recording since they live in an apartments with very thin walls (my half stack is sadly getting dusty ), so what good does a pedal board do you for that large chunk of musicians?
The M series have no amp sims. The HD series you can pretty much do what you want ie have 8 different delays at once.

The floor POD plus is long surpassed. We could all sit here and complain about old kit we've bought and ultimately your's don't apply to the current Line 6 range.
Quote by fly135
Just because one has tone suck it doesn't mean one's tone sucks.
Have you tried turning off the cab model? You may even find that there is a cab model that works well with your amp.
i have heard nothing but outstanding remarks about the new DT series of amps. i played one and i thought that they were great and very useful amps. my thought is that line 6 would steer away from modeling other amps and maybe try to create their own sound besides "insane"
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by cliff_em_all
My M13's absolutley great cheers. and works on the button everytime.

Yeah, my M9 rules. Sounds like TS used an old Pod and generalized form there.
Sorry, but nowadays Line 6 puts out a lot good stuff: M9, M13, DT-25, POD HD Pro, ...
Also some not-so-new products of them like the Flextone and Vetta are still regarded as good modelling amps.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
So...for 20 minutes you played one old floor unit that you never liked in the first place and decided that Line 6 doesn't make any good gear?

And you couldn't get anything other than "smooth jazz" levels of overdrive out of it?

Pardon me if I ignore your opinion completely.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I know right. They were so lame-o back then

Those were awesome actually: the electric guitar amps before electric guitars existed.

You probably got those with a pair of hipster-glasses back in the days.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by JesusCrisp
Those were awesome actually: the electric guitar amps before electric guitars existed.

You probably got those with a pair of hipster-glasses back in the days.

Amplifier, Circa 1800...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Fords suck because the model T doesn't have a CD player.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
Fords suck because the model T doesn't have a CD player.

Model T with a seedy player...

“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Vital-Signs

>Listing BOSS

Squier Strat
Behringer Fuzz
GFT-90
Quote by darkwolf291
*sigh*
The Spider is the only crap Line 6 amp.

The Flextone and Vettas are great, great amps, and the PODs are decent enough.

im even mixed to a specific point about the spider amps. for a total beginner they make great amps for very little money. but thats all ill say about it.
oh and +1 to the flextone and vettas they are pretty sweet.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by Arby911
Model T with a seedy player...

awesome
Fender American Special Telecaster
Blackstar HT-5
Wren and Cuff Tall Font Russian
BBE Sonic Stomp
Mojo Hand FX Recoil Delay
Empress ParaEQ
you know it's like software right.

it doesn't cost them anything to give you more software.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Seems as though you're generalizing an entire company based on one (old) effects unit, which you probably have very little understanding of how it works, and how to implement it

Either way...

/thread
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com