Page 1 of 3
Hello!

I bought a second hand Tiny Terror off ebay, and it arrived today. The first thing I noticed is the orange line that goes across the amp is instead a yellow colour... I mean, it's supposed to be orange right??? Then I noticed the washer had come off the power switch and I couldn't get it back on. Next thing I notice is the power selector is loose and wont click either way.

I haven't dared to plug it in yet. Need to get a speaker cable sorted meantime anyway.

Anyone heard of this yellow colour on the Tiny Terror... Wasn't an earlier run of them or something?

Thanks!
Maybe it's sunburned? A counterfeit orange amp can't be sold for much margin... And that amp seems too accurate to be a cheap counterfeit. So I think it's just sunburned.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
well its already a pretty yellowish orange, i'd believe that it could turn close to totally yellow if the paint was fading. as for the other stuff, it is a used amp and it was shipped so the washer probably vibrated off. just calm down and wait to see if it works or not, probably harder than it sounds lol. best of luck to you though.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
It might just've been really heavily used. I guess if it was kept somewhere in strong sunlight the colour could fade and the rest just sounds like wear and tear
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
get some switch cleaning lubricant in the pots to loosen them up that should help.

I use Servisol, works a treat
Originally Posted by jazar94
Oh God, anal masturbation with a banana.
Wait...
**** YEAH! ANAL MASTURBATION WITH A BANANA!

Quote by Silent Murder
This man knows his cleaning essentials.

It'll smell nice afterwards too
Of all the Orange amps to fake, why a TT? That's like making fake Epiphones instead of Custom Shop stuff.

Makes no sense - probably just sun fading and abuse.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Lol maybe if u opened it up you'll find a huge stash of illegal substances
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by bubb_tubbs
Of all the Orange amps to fake, why a TT? That's like making fake Epiphones instead of Custom Shop stuff.

Have you seen how many fake Epiphones there are out there???

There's probably more fake Epis out there than every other brand combined.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by bubb_tubbs

actually the more i think about the more i think is very true. they have some pretty damn expensive amps and someone wants to fake the cheapest tube amp they make? doesn't seem right. unless this what they were thinking when they faked it but now sound like a conspiracy theorist or something lol
sounds like this dude just really used the hell out of this thing.
my stuff:
schecter c-1+
ibanez rg3exfm1
schecter avenger 7-string with emgs
esp/ltd mh-50
peavey 6505+ 112 combo
tc electronic polytune
way huge green rhino
mxr micro flange
mxr smart gate
dunlop crybaby
Yeah, I guess it's easier to get away with faking a cheaper or less well made model or brand... They can get away with having more defects on it. Whereas with something as well made as a Gibson, you have to be spot on with your replication.

I'm a bit worried, because I foolishly payed for it outside Ebay, so if this guy is on the con it's very unlikely I'll get a refund.
Last edited by DanielShaw123 at Jan 12, 2012,
if the wattage selector doesnt work at all contact the seller. tell him it doesnt meet the item description. get what you paid for.

eeeek - well scratch my last comment. just try contacting him and tell him to buy it back, maybe you will get lucky
Gibson 58 VOS, Gibson Rich Robinson ES-335, Fender Strat, Fender RoadWorn 50's Tele, Gibson LP Jr Special

Marshall JTM45, Fender BJR NOS
Last edited by thejester at Jan 12, 2012,
I've already contacted the seller and told him. I wouldn't mind a bit of wear like the faded colour, or even the stiff pots, but the wattage selector is broken, and the serial number is scratched out too and the power selector washer is broken... All these things together make me think something is wrong.

And I haven't even been able to plug it in yet, so God knows what's going to happen then.
In terms of colour fading (I'm not very farmiliar with Orange), are the blacks faded at all? Does the crest on the upper righthand side seem to be correct in terms of what a new TT would have? If the ONLY colour difference is in the yellow strip throught he middle, I'd be a little more concerned. All colours will show some signs of fading, so there shouldn't only be one colour that's fade on the entire thing.

As a side note: Who keeps their gear in the sun?
Quote by dynastywest69
get some switch cleaning lubricant in the pots to loosen them up that should help.

I use Servisol, works a treat

hahaha lube
Internet trolls are like sap in trees. sticky and annoying, but good on pancakes.
Quote by DanielShaw123
the serial number is scratched out too

Send it back.

I wouldn't touch an amp with a missing serial number. If that wasn't mentioned in the listing, you don't need any more reason to return it. If it was, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. It's probably stolen. Might have a bunch of other things wrong with it, too.
Quote by Roc8995
Send it back.

I wouldn't touch an amp with a missing serial number. If that wasn't mentioned in the listing, you don't need any more reason to return it. If it was, you shouldn't have bought it in the first place. It's probably stolen. Might have a bunch of other things wrong with it, too.

This.
No it wasn't mentioned in the listing. And I am definitely going to try and return it. But the problem is, I payed for it outside of Ebay, so I am no longer protected. So essentially he could close his account and that would be the end of it. Though, he does have good feedback dating back a few years, so I would find this unlikely.

And no, the other colours don't seem so faded. And even the yellow doesn't look faded, it's consistent in shade all the way across.
Quote by DanielShaw123
. But the problem is, I payed for it outside of Ebay, so I am no longer protected.

Quote by Roc8995
Send it back.

Its possible its been used in a homicide too. I'd wipe off any fingerprints before sending it back.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
It's a scratch off. U can't expect much more. .
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
If he won't give you your money back tell him that you are going to hand it over to the police to investigate if it's stolen. Why else does anybody scratch off a serial number? The last thing he's going to want is a cop knocking on his door.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Here's how I see it.

The seller is the guy on the right...

You're the guy that got fu......well, you get the picture.

Good luck.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
What is fair and what is legal are two very different things.

As the saying goes, "everything is legal until you get caught". Is that fair?
Quote by DanielShaw123
Yeah, maybe, and you think that's fair? Or even legal?

Fair is immaterial, life is often never fair.

Legal? I can't say for sure, but it's damn suspicious.

The only - ONLY - reason to remove a serial number is so an item can't be tracked, and I can't think of a single legitimate reason to do so.

Of course if he actually owned the item in question, he has every right to deface it, but it's troublesome at best.

As I said, good luck! If you can't get him to resolve the issues, going to the authorities is absolutely the right thing to do, even if only to make him less likely to do it again.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Yes, there is much truth in that. But, in this case, it was neither fair nor legal.

He said it was in full working order. Didn't mention any of the defects or the scratched serial number.

So maybe I was the unlucky, or stupid, one who bought it, but this guy is still totally in the wrong.
Can u leave negative feedback when u pay outside eBay? Cuz that'd be the least of his worries.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Est. 2007

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
The seller not disclosing all faults is one thing. You buying it off eBay is another. All buyer protections are likely lost on that.

Go back to the seller. Tell him that you cannot accept the item based on its serial number being defaced and you are not willing to take the risk on receiving/possessing stolen goods.

Give a deadline for the exchange. Failing to accept the return in the time specified results in you going to the authorities. Be very specific in that.
Quote by irnmadn88
The seller not disclosing all faults is one thing. You buying it off eBay is another. All buyer protections are likely lost on that.

Go back to the seller. Tell him that you cannot accept the item based on its serial number being defaced and you are not willing to take the risk on receiving/possessing stolen goods.

Give a deadline for the exchange. Failing to accept the return in the time specified results in you going to the authorities. Be very specific in that.

That is definitely my plan! And that should have been, "not disclosing any faults".
Page 1 of 3