Alright Long Story Short, I'm pretty much done with almost all of the lessons taught from Justinguitar. com. Great lessons, Great teacher, Great that it's free, definitely go check out the site for those who haven't yet. Also, some martyzsongs lessons on youtube, etc. Originally, I was planning on using the little limited budget that I've saved up to purchase a guitar book (e.g: The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrick), but then I came across this site called "JamPlay" (www. jamplay. com), and which I could purchase to get a monthly membership in a decent price just a little bit more than purchasing for a guitar book. Besides, I "personally" found it more effective for myself learning from a video/ reading off the screen like Justin's site than a book. Point is, does anyone here knows this site "JamPlay" and would recommend it? if not, anyone got a better site similar to "JamPlay" where you could get as many lessons as you like by paying monthly fee?
Quote by Jimmy25
Alright Long Story Short, I'm pretty much done with almost all of the lessons taught from Justinguitar. com. Great lessons, Great teacher, Great that it's free, definitely go check out the site for those who haven't yet. Also, some martyzsongs lessons on youtube, etc. Originally, I was planning on using the little limited budget that I've saved up to purchase a guitar book (e.g: The Advancing Guitarist by Mick Goodrick), but then I came across this site called "JamPlay" (www. jamplay. com), and which I could purchase to get a monthly membership in a decent price just a little bit more than purchasing for a guitar book. Besides, I "personally" found it more effective for myself learning from a video/ reading off the screen like Justin's site than a book. Point is, does anyone here knows this site "JamPlay" and would recommend it? if not, anyone got a better site similar to "JamPlay" where you could get as many lessons as you like by paying monthly fee?

Hi Jimmy, I'll do my best to help with my .02...

Depending upon what you're looking to learn (general overall simple songs, styles etc) Jam Play is quite good. Many of my starting Online Guitar Academy students who want to augment their learning in a more general sense (because we don't get into that here; we are a very specific school that focuses upon some very specific skills not taught anywhere else), use Jam Play and I've done a personal review of the site. I have absolutely NO use for the site myself, but for those starting out, its very good quality content wise and substance-wise.

Its currently the only online site that I could give my personal endorsement for. I don't like any other sites I've reviewed.

If you're looking for guitar specific material concerning Theory, Musicianship and complete understanding of the guitar, no. Jam Play is going to be a lot like typical "lesson sites" but FAR better than Guitar Tricks .com one! JamPlay is going to be closer in scope to Justin and Marty's material.

If you're looking for lessons in Applied Theory, made easy to understand and specific to the guitar as well as advanced progressive mastery of the fretboard, look us up or hit me with a PM (I only say that because you mentioned wanting Mick's book The Advancing Guitarist and that's WAY more towards the theory side of things, along the lines of what we teach)!

Good luck in your search, Jam Play is quite good!

Best,

Sean
Last edited by Sean0913 at Jan 12, 2012,
I was hired by a third party to write a review of Jamplay, and got to mess around with the site for a while. I was surprised at the quality - I think it is, for the most part, rather good. There are a couple of exceptions but I was impressed. And since it's not very expensive, if you think it's going to appeal to you I'd say give it a try. I'd say that the standard lesson quality is MUCH better than Marty's, and the individual lessons are structured into courses in a nice way. There are few holes (mediocre lecturers - and the stuff on ear training is absurdly prefunctory for such an important topic) but there's a wife variety of instructors and many of them are excellent, so you're likely to be able to find stuff that you like.

As always with a monthly-subscription thing, whether or not it's worth it depends on how much time you're going to put in. If you buy a book and end up not working on it for three weeks, no loss. With a subscription website, however, it's not quite so good.
THANKS guys! awesome reviews!!
btw. do they still have the free trials on guitarjam?

Just found another two sites..
Nextlevelguitar and Licklibrary
there seems to be much more if I keep searching..
would anyone recommend to sign up for membership in any of these?