does everyone else agree? over the past few months ug news have barely past or fallen short of the title of 'news' and fankly im a bit sick of it! whos with me ?! lets change ug for the better!
Quote by ffaf12
does everyone else agree? over the past few months ug news have barely past or fallen short of the title of 'news' and fankly im a bit sick of it! whos with me ?! lets change ug for the better!

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/submit/news.php

Please do.
Rhythm in Jump. Dancing Close to You.

Quote by element4433
Yeah. people, like Lemoninfluence, are hypocrites and should have all their opinions invalidated from here on out.
It's not so much the articles I have a problem with (although some are complete rubbish), it's the deliberately misleading titles that seem to be written with the single purpose of causing arguments in the comments section........
[
Quote by Lemoninfluence

Just wondering, how many of UG news stories are submitted ones? Is it easy to get a news story passed?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by L2112Lif

Why would a Russian have a Post-Ban AK, and why would someone making this not get rid of the white in the front sight post and between the gas tube and barrel? And why is it so small.

Fuck whoever made that.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by Skynyrd890
Why would a Russian have a Post-Ban AK, and why would someone making this not get rid of the white in the front sight post and between the gas tube and barre? And why is it so small.

Fuck whoever made that.

Wow, you know a lot about AK47s... comrade.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
Quote by ffaf12

I don't mind them that much. Most days there's something decent around. The problem arises when UG pays so much attention to one story, and keeps feeding us pointless articles on them. Every time the Foo Fighters get an article, everyone on UG gets a boner..
Quote by Kensai
Just wondering, how many of UG news stories are submitted ones? Is it easy to get a news story passed?

It's fairly easy to get an article passed as long as its formatted and sourced correctly. And it has to be an interesting enough topic. Obscure band articles probably won't get approved unless the story has some significance outside of the band.
Quote by Kensai
Wow, you know a lot about AK47s... comrade.

See user title.

It's my job to know... guy.

I don't know the Swedish equivalent to "comrade."
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Last edited by Skynyrd890 at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by Skynyrd890
Why would a Russian have a Post-Ban AK, and why would someone making this not get rid of the white in the front sight post and between the gas tube and barrel? And why is it so small.

Fuck whoever made that.

Dude, why does that matter at all?
Quote by Skynyrd890
See user title.

It's my job to know... guy.

I don't know the Swedish equivalent to "comrade."

Potatis
1) The music industry doesn't lend itself for dramatic exciting news every day. Therefore UG throws in some minor stories or goofy stuff just to keep the main page fresh.

2) As said, write your own articles.
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
There's nothing wrong with them at all. The only problem I have with them is the misleading titles, which happens way too often. That might be on purpose though.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Quote by Skynyrd890

Fuck whoever made that.

1) Because he's a Greek and not Russian (though wearing a Soviet era hat)

2) There's white at the front sight post because they were lazy or inattentive when photoshopping.

and

3) Because He's freakin' Hercules, that's why.
Last edited by jugglingfreak at Jan 12, 2012,
i think the only interesting or valid posts on this thread are the ones about the communist Hercules and ak's ha ha
I rather enjoyed the front page news today. All four articles were relevant to my interests.