I was looking at a Sheraton II, but when I heard about the coil taps for Les Paul Customs it peaked my interest. The thing is; neither Epiphone's own website or any retail page says anything about this feature in the guitar.

Yet in some other forums posters have said Epi Les Paul Customs come with coil splitting as standard nowadays. I'm not sure what to believe really.

Can anyone here confirm or deny this? I would be really thankful!
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
Mine's a 2008 and it didn't

I can't comment on the new ones
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I see. Well if it comes standard with the guitar then I'm definitely getting one.
When I heard smoking would kill me, I bought shares in Dunhill and Marlboro - Thomas Geraghty

If we don't change it, nothing will fucking change.
There are other models of Epiphone that come with coil split switches, including some limited runs that have 'Custom' as part of their name, but the regular Custom does not feature coil splitting.

In truth coil splitting is one of the easiest mods to put in a guitar and it's also one of the least effective. If you really want the sound of a poorly made P-90 then coil splits will do you fine, but if you want a halfway decent P-90 tone - let alone the tone of a Fender style single coil - then you're better off looking elsewhere, at pickups specifically designed for that sort of tone liek the SD Stag Mag or P-Rail.

Also, unless you really want the look of the LP Custom, that guitar is a waste of money. Under the paint it's eactly the same as a regular Epi LP Standard. You're just paying more for a solid black/white paint job, multiply binding (which isn't true multiply, it's single binding molded to look like multiply) and some cheap gold hardware which will tarnish and discolour within a couple of months.

Save your money, buy an Epiphone Traditional Pro (coil split switch) or Tribute (parallel switching), or buy a Standard, some nice pickups that will split well and a couple of push-pull pots and do the mod yourself.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Last edited by MrFlibble at Jan 12, 2012,