Hey!! I am the composer for my band "The Last Legion" and we have recently recorded this new single...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hy16jyCYep4

I basically would like to some constructive feedback from you guys on my approach to songwriting and if you could give me and pointers or tips to help me progress. In the description for the video there is also the lyrics which our vocalist wrote so i'm sure he would like some feedback on those too

I've never has anyone critically analyse my compositions before so it would be a great eye-opener to listen to you guys!

Thanks
Last edited by AliMarshall94 at Jan 12, 2012,
Not bad, but this has all just been done before.. I mean that in a nice way. I just see too many bands trying to do Metalcore and that genre is starting to die off.. In my opinion at least. It's not a bad song though, don't get me wrong
Quote by scarter1192
Not bad, but this has all just been done before.. I mean that in a nice way. I just see too many bands trying to do Metalcore and that genre is starting to die off.. In my opinion at least. It's not a bad song though, don't get me wrong

We did pretty much just release this to get peoples feedback and because of that i've decided to take a different, more technical and original approach to the songs that i write. Thanks for your honesty though
We hired a producer for it but we did use a peavey 6505 head, maxon od808 and a boss ns2 for guitars... aswell as post processing
You've posted this in like 3 different forums... was that really necessary?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by ChemicalFire
You've posted this in like 3 different forums... was that really necessary?

sorry dude im not really used to forums so i didnt know it was that bad a thing to do