Page 1 of 3
http://www.espguitars.com/news/2012-newmodels.html

Finally, finally, after years of bullcrap, Japan has finally let America taste some of the epic finishes they have.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Looks like ESPs aren't my thing, I don't find these particularly exciting.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Last edited by JesusCrisp at Jan 12, 2012,
Ill take a QM in reindeer blue. gorgeous. nice 2012 lineup
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
never thought i'd say this, ever, in a million years, but i actually like the kirk hammett signature model! (the double cutaway les paul style one, anyway).
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
They're finally doing things right again.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

hahaha this is just all the stuff from the import website, now available in the USA; these models have all (apart from the brand new sigs for whitechapel etc.) been available to buy in the UK from GAK and richtone music for ages.
wow. I want the Reindeer blue and the mystic black eclipse. The EC's with the khaler looks very interesting as well. Too bad I will never be able to get one of these.
Quote by JesusCrisp
Looks like ESPs aren't my thing, I don't find these particularly exciting.

That's cool. If they were for everyone, there would be no need for any other companies

Quote by Acϵ♠
Ill take a QM in reindeer blue. gorgeous. nice 2012 lineup

Right!? I am determined to own a Horizon FR-II in Reindeer Blue. That is my goal for this year. (Not gonna happen XD)

Quote by gman128
hahaha this is just all the stuff from the import website, now available in the USA; these models have all (apart from the brand new sigs for whitechapel etc.) been available to buy in the UK from GAK and richtone music for ages.

I know, I basically said that in the OP.

The difference is that now we can buy these guitars for how much they actually cost ($1500-$2000), instead of how much it cost to import them ($2600+).

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jan 12, 2012,
I was honestly getting really, really bored with ESP. But now they're slightly more interesting. I still don't like ESP's that much though. They just feel like generic shredder guitars.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 12, 2012,
I thought they were supposed to be making the eclipse's more les paul style with the 4 control knobs at some point. They're great guitars but my OCD keeps me from loving them...they HAVE to have 4 knobs.
As much as I adore ESP/LTD, I don't see anything too enticing here. New finishes? Always end up buying solid black with or without binding. Signature models? Well, Rammstein will have a nice new model to appreciate when I see them in May.

Never been one to get excited over finished or sig. models... Unless it's my own
Why does ESP make so many sig guitars? Almost nobody buys them except 13 year olds buying KH202's.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by JBailey23
I thought they were supposed to be making the eclipse's more les paul style with the 4 control knobs at some point. They're great guitars but my OCD keeps me from loving them...they HAVE to have 4 knobs.

They do make 4 knob versions. They're just not widely available. There's always Edwards LP models too.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
I was honestly getting really, really bored with ESP. But now they're slightly more interesting. I still don't like ESP's that much though. They just feel like generic shredder guitars.

I don't think that at all. When I think of generic shredder guitar, I always think of Jackson. ESP have really interesting shapes and finishes.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
reindeer blue eclipse!...... DROOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!!!

Chapman ML2 x 2
Dean Razorback Slime Bumblebee
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Epi Les Paul Custom (EMG 81/85)
ESP Ltd EC-256 (SH4jb/SH2n)
Jackson DKMG (EMG 81/60)
Epi SG Iommi
Squier Classic Vibes 50's Tele
Ovation MT-37
Peavey 6505+ 112
Very happy to see a guitar with a fixed bridge from ESP-LTD (AW-7)... Too bad it's ugly as f***.
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
Not bad I would def like to have one the WC or SS sig guitars .
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
That reindeer blue looks like the Gibson ES 137 I want so badly, except a little more purply.
Quote by Austin174
Not bad I would def like to have one the WC or SS sig guitars .

Aye, I hate both bands, but that red AW-7 is HAWT.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
YES! no satin natural finished flamed ones. I still have a very rare Horizon II yay!
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Quote by Offworld92

ESP have really interesting Jackson/Gibson/Fender/BC Rich copies.

Fixed.

Not a single design from ESP is original or really excites me. ESP's are nice no doubt about it, but there's nothing about them that makes me really want one. They just don't seem to have that certain something when i play a guitar which makes me want to pick it up in the first place. They don't have a unique character of their own.

That's just my honest opinion.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by lemurflames
Not a Suicide Silence fan, but I want that LTD MKH-7.

Not sure which one but I would like either the one you mention or 1 of the 2 black Whitechapels 7 strings. He'll save enough an buy 1 of each haha lol.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
@offworld 92, yea i know of the higher end models that have them...kinda just makes me feel "blehh" that the more affordable models dont. Plus I couldve swore i saw a new model list of 2011 or 2010 that showed a few that did...oh well.
Quote by Offworld92
Aye, I hate both bands, but that red AW-7 is HAWT.

The only thing I don't like about is the pickguard, other then that's it's pretty sick.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
I still think ESP Japan's lineup has always been a million times better than the generic stuff that keeps being put out in the west. =/

I have to say I like the new Hammett double cut though, even though I'm not a Hammett fan.
Quote by Punk_Ninja
I still think ESP Japan's lineup has always been a million times better than the generic stuff that keeps being put out in the west. =/

I have to say I like the new Hammett double cut though, even though I'm not a Hammett fan.

I was surprised it didn't have some sort of trem on it since he always uses one.
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
almost the whole line look amazing .

horizon , eclipse , ltd ec-1000 ( metallic gold sunburst ) etc..

nice finish

now im gasing for 1-2 or them .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jan 12, 2012,
Seems odd of them to announce all these when they still haven't got the 2011 LTD models distributed properly.

Speaking of, if the UK ESP site can be believed many more of the previously Japan-exclusive LTDs and ESPs are coming further west. Russia and some parts of eastern Europe have had them for a couple of years, now west Europe (including the UK apparently, though I've yet to see any of them in shops) is getting them. Perhaps America will be next.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by PatrickChampoux
Very happy to see a guitar with a fixed bridge from ESP-LTD (AW-7)... Too bad it's ugly as f***.

YOURE ugly as ****

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by valennic
YOURE ugly as ****

You make me a sad panda...
LTD Viper 1000 Deluxe
Simon & Patrick CW GT Vintageburst
Egnater Vengeance
ISP Technologies Theta (for sale)
ISP Technologies Vector (for sale)
Randall RG75DG2
Maxon OD808
Boss Super Shifter PS-5
Boss Chromatic Tuner TU-3
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Fixed.

Not a single design from ESP is original or really excites me. ESP's are nice no doubt about it, but there's nothing about them that makes me really want one. They just don't seem to have that certain something when i play a guitar which makes me want to pick it up in the first place. They don't have a unique character of their own.

That's just my honest opinion.

If you want to go that route, you could easily say that everything that's not a Fender/Gibson is a Fender/Gibson ripoff. The only other common shape that is legitimately original is the Warlock shape.

Quote by MrFlibble
Seems odd of them to announce all these when they still haven't got the 2011 LTD models distributed properly.

Speaking of, if the UK ESP site can be believed many more of the previously Japan-exclusive LTDs and ESPs are coming further west. Russia and some parts of eastern Europe have had them for a couple of years, now west Europe (including the UK apparently, though I've yet to see any of them in shops) is getting them. Perhaps America will be next.

Are you back?

Yes, you're right. I still haven't seen any of the new ST models in any stores or even online. Speaking of which, I really wish they had introduced non "weathered" ST models this year. I really want one, but preferably higher end than a 200 model, and I'm not at all a fan of the fake worn look.

ESP guitars are basically trickle down. We have to be grateful for what we can get over here

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
If you want to go that route, you could easily say that everything that's not a Fender/Gibson is a Fender/Gibson ripoff. The only other common shape that is legitimately original is the Warlock shape.

What about the Kelly, the Rhoads and the Soloist? You might argue that the Kelly looks a bit like a mockingbird, Offset V's didn't exist before the Rhoads and the Soloist was the first neck-through superstrat.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What about the Kelly, the Rhoads and the Soloist? You might argue that the Kelly looks a bit like a mockingbird, Offset V's didn't exist before the Rhoads and the Soloist was the first neck-through superstrat.

The Kelly is derived from the Explorer. It's not really that different than the ESP EX shape from the Explorer. The Rhaods is derived from the Flying V. The Soloist is derived from the Strat. That's almost no difference between a Strat and a Soloist besides the fact that the Soloist has a pointy headstock and deeper cutaways.

The only different thing about a RR is that it has a shorter fin on one side, and it's pointy. By that logic, then the Horizon III is not a ripoff or even a superstrat, because it has an elongated shape, and one horn is longer than what is typical.

EDIT: Basically the point I'm making is that making a shape pointy, or using a different headstock is not the same as making a new shape.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Jan 12, 2012,
Page 1 of 3