Guys, I'm about to play a gig, and well, I wanna improvise in Janick Gers' style. People tell me I look like Adrian , he's my number one player. But people like to call me Gers for unknown reason because I resemble 'his personality'. ANYWAYS...

I need some of his 'signature' licks, I can improvise in Adrian style. But what about Gers?
His scales ,and licks are needed...
Sloppy butchering of classic solos in the name of improv. That should do it.

\not a big Janick fan
Quote by technicolour
who?

This.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by technicolour
who?

3rd string guitarist in Maiden. I think he was with them for Fear of the Dark, I don't really care though.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Just watched a video of his "crazy soloing" consisted of next to no guitar playing, lots of random face movements and one really pointless and slightly muffled whamm bar pinch harmonic.

How did this guy get to be in Iron Maiden?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
"Can you play triplets?"

"Well yeah, of cou-"

"Ok, you're in."
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Gers has some legitimate solos. Check out Dance of Death and there are plenty more. He definitely has some odd techniques and a lot of whammy bar wankery.
His songwriting is good but I agree that he plays sloppily in the name of show-boating on stage and his guitar tone is weird...whilst Adrian is so serious in his playing/stage presence (my favourite of the three), Janick is still fun to watch. (for a while)
Gers startred out as a richie blackmore style player. if you check out his pre maiden band White Spirit you'll see what i mean. i believe he also played with Ian Gillian (deep purple's singer) for a while as well. fast pentatonics with some classical style licks thrown in.