Alright this is a big NGD for me as I swapped my JEM for a UV777PBK. These thread will be a bit of both the UV777 and the LTD MH-417

It rips and the action is so low as it has the Edge Pro bridge. I've always been a fan of trems and even prefer them as a hard tail when blocked. When I got my MH-417 I was weary since it has the Tune-O-Matic and that keeps the strings REALLY high off the body which I never was used to. I played it and I learned to love it.

Once this guitar came in it all changed. I realized what a quality seven string this really was. I really like the 417 but honestly it doesn't compare. The neck on this thing is thinner and just more comfortable. I thought it would be too thin but it's got a good amount of meat to it.

The guitar also has a D-Sonic installed on the bridge that sounds pretty good. Probably better than the stock one it comes with. Anyway clips and pics anyone?

Like I said earlier this is a thread that contains both guitars so there will be a good amount of pictures of both and some for comparison.

CLIPS OF THE UV. (Tone isn't awesome because of amp sims but I'll reamp them through the K88 later)
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/uv777.mp3

If you guys want clips of both the UV and MH-417 doing the same clip let me know. I'll get on it.

Here's the pictures courtesy of my girlfriend.

UV Neck

417 Neck

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
417 Neck

UV neck

Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)

UV

Done for now.

Here's a clip of the 417 I did a few days ago.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3602793/begg.mp3
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Nice guitars, especially the UV. The bridge looks a little off though, might have to adjust the springs in the back.
Yeah I noticed it is a bit forward right when I got it out of the box. I changed it like a few minutes ago.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Sweet guitars man I can't wait to get a 7 or 8 string. HNGD
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
I really dig the inlays on the ibby. Happy NGD!
What?! There's a clean channel on my amp?!

Quote by GoodOl'trashbag
omfg i totally forgot about that, you sir are jesus christ.
i am not sure you are allowed to post nice high quality pictures on UG. I think it is in the rules your pictures have to be grainy crap cell phone pictures.

but seriously, awesome guitars! thanks for sharing.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Damnit that universe is sweet.
Which jem you trade?
Binding on the headstock looks funny.

Happy new uv777 day!
And whatever the other thing was....
The Universe is beautiful
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Hows the Mh-417?
I've been looking to get it but theres no reviews on UG
Gear:
ESP LTD MH-50
Boss ME-70
Dunlop GCB95(Red Fasel)
Ibanez RG8BK
PodHD300

Rest Easy Gooze

Quote by jpnyc
I once used a Jackson V to play Wildwood Flower. The ghosts of Randy Rhoads and Mother Maybelle Carter made my walls bleed for a week.
Quote by Csoldier83
Hows the Mh-417?
I've been looking to get it but theres no reviews on UG

Pulling the UV aside it's a great guitar honestly. It plays great, and sounds very good acoustically. If you can't play one and are set on getting a seven string in that budget I would definitely pick it up.

Guys this UV is rediuclous. I've never played a guitar for more than 3 hours straight..and not only that my girlfriend loved it the whole time and never told me to stop. WIN
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
HNGD!

What a beaut you got! Looks fantastic!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
I'll pass on both. Never seen the appeal of superstrats. HNGD

You may not like them, but you have to see why they're appealing. There's a lot of guitar shapes I hate, but usually I can see why someone likes it. Compared to say, a LP, superstrats are generally lighter, have better upper fret access, and are more comfortable to play (belly, and forearm contours). That's why they're appealing, and why guys like Satch, Vai, Petrucci, etc, play them.
Quote by griffin888
You may not like them, but you have to see why they're appealing. There's a lot of guitar shapes I hate, but usually I can see why someone likes it. Compared to say, a LP, superstrats are generally lighter, have better upper fret access, and are more comfortable to play (belly, and forearm contours). That's why they're appealing, and why guys like Satch, Vai, Petrucci, etc, play them.

Oh they're perfect for the job that needs doing, yeah. Hence why they've been popular for heavier music for about 30 odd years now. But the shape does nothing for me. The necks are horribly thin. I like half a baseball bat in my hand. I have never liked floyds, or the locking nut. There's nothing I like about them at all. Hence why I haven't got one. Superstrats have never done anything for me. But hey, that doesn't mean they're not great guitars in their own right, my opinion doesn't overrule anyone else's
Quote by WholeLottaIzzy
Oh they're perfect for the job that needs doing, yeah. Hence why they've been popular for heavier music for about 30 odd years now. But the shape does nothing for me. The necks are horribly thin. I like half a baseball bat in my hand. I have never liked floyds, or the locking nut. There's nothing I like about them at all. Hence why I haven't got one. Superstrats have never done anything for me. But hey, that doesn't mean they're not great guitars in their own right, my opinion doesn't overrule anyone else's

I hear ya, but not all superstrats have Floyds or thin necks. A lot of Schecters have big thick necks and Tune-o-Matic bridges, just like there's LPs with Floyds and thinner necks (like the Alex Lifeson Axcess). There's a guitar made for everyone these days.
So I got the tremol-no in there and it's awesome. Ten minutes later I got spooked and a soldering iron fell on my fingers on my left hand. I must have at least 6-7 blisters. One is super swollen so I may have to go to the doctor to have it patched up in a way since it nasty. Happy friday the 13th everyone.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
So I got the tremol-no in there and it's awesome. Ten minutes later I got spooked and a soldering iron fell on my fingers on my left hand. I must have at least 6-7 blisters. One is super swollen so I may have to go to the doctor to have it patched up in a way since it nasty. Happy friday the 13th everyone.

What the shit? Owwww!
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Your telling me. Out of commission for guitar for probably a bit longer than a week it looks.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by kylendm
Your telling me. Out of commission for guitar for probably a bit longer than a week it looks.

Sorry to hear that, brother. Keep yourself busy some other way or it'll drive you mad. It wouldn't be as bad if this wasn't a freakin' NGD thread!
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Quote by kylendm

wow....sorry to hear that man
Congratulations on a real nice guitar (UV) and that other thing too. And he's right, your picturtes are way too high quality for here, we damand you resize them to thumbnails, then post them at 1024x768. I <3 the inlays of those, wish my 4570 had a little more than just the little strip. And yes, we'd love comparison vid's.
Vids? Hmm we'll I'll see if I can do videos. I can definitely do clips though.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)

Pearloid binding on those UV's

If it were just plain white plastic it would be great, but pearloid is disgusting

Hawt guitars otherwise

Quote by littlephil

Pearloid binding on those UV's

If it were just plain white plastic it would be great, but pearloid is disgusting

Hawt guitars otherwise

Get out, I think it's hot.

Nah everyone's got their own tastes. I can say this though, it plays like a ****ing beast. Easily the best guitar I've ever played.

Thanks everyone. Despite the burns and blisters I'm managing powerchords and some leads alright. Quite painful though.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE