I am looking at getting a hollowbody (or semi-hollow) but don't know which is the best for me. I want it to sound big and full when unplugged so I can bring it to a party or bonfire and jam without being drowned out by acoustics, but I don't want a lot of low end and distortion from the pickups because I would be using it for worship at my church from time to time. I know a lot of the companies, but I am more interested in sound quality so just tell me what's best, not most popular. Keep in mind that I'm looking to spend under $1,000 if possible. Thanks.
2010 Fender American Standard Stratocaster
2011 PRS SE Santana limited edition of 25
2007 Ibanez SZ520QM-VCB
2009 Washburn Renegade WM23
Vox 20W Valvetronix

Make sure you get one that's filled with sand. It won't sound right otherwise.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
The Epiphone Whateverthe****. It's been so long since I cared about guitars I forgot the names, but it's the ES-335 Epi model. Sheraton or something.
Like podcasts? Listen to these!
BEER!
VIDEO GAMES!
MOVIES/GEEKY SHIT!

Last edited by zappp : Today at 4:20 PM. Reason: Suck on my balls, UG
Quote by bluestratplayer
Im going to initial the back of every MG in guitarcenter "ZW" and see how many threads come out thinking Zakk Wylde owned thier amp.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Just me and rhino will end in the extinction of a species.
No semi will sound comparable to an acoustic in terms of volume, they'll be louder, but not loud enough. An old jazzbox would fit the bill nicely.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

I've got a gretsch electromatic for around 800usd and love it. It doesn't compare to an acoustic in volume though, honestly. It's a bit louder than solid body electrics when unplugged, but not like an acoustic.
Anatomy Anatomy
Whale Blue Review

Park that car
Drop that phone
Sleep on the floor
Dream about me
I usually go to the local graveyard for those.

Tip: If they are not completely hollow, continue disemboweling until desired effect.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.