Okay so people ask me what kind of music my band plays all the time and I never know what to tell them. So they ask me who we're similar to and I still don't know what to tell them. I tell them our influences, but I don't think our music sounds like them very much.

I've realized that maybe this is because I'm so close to the music, and your own music always feels "unique" to you because you know so many details of it. I also realize that it's probably not unique, I just don't know what an outsider's opinion on this would be.

So if you guys could spout out bands that my band reminds you of, that would be great. I realize that describing my band to my 50 something year old boss will always be impossible, but this should hopefully help in other areas.

We just have a little EP at http://fromfragileseeds.bandcamp.com
If this is the wrong board for this, feel free to move it mods...obviously...you're the boss.
Thanks in advance.

TLDR version: What bands would you compare my band to? fromfragileseeds.bandcamp.com
Last edited by WerdnaEgni at Jan 12, 2012,
Listening to the first track now. Holy shit, you guys are actually really good! I'll be sure to download the EP.

I don't know, there's some post-rock elements to your music. And for some reason I was also reminded of the jammier, mid-career Incubus tracks, while you don't really sound like them at all.
Damn, this is actually really nice. Vocals remind me a lot of Jesse Lacey (Brand New). Atmospherics are very post-rock-esque, and I agree with what Frank said about Incubus too.

Good job!
You guys are the mans. Thanks a lot. And Brand New is the one band that I mention when people ask, so I'm glad I'm not imagining that (love brand new). Incubus I never really got into but I'll have to take a listen and see if I hear the connection. Thanks for the responses guys and I'm stoked that you like the band..also stoked that you compared my vocals to Jesse Lacey.