What is the world's final solution when our resources are exp < than our population?

Poll: What may be a plausible solution?
Poll Options
View poll results: What may be a plausible solution?
Anarcho-primitivism- ANAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRCHY!!!!
12 10%
Interim Marxist- Rigid social organization and political dictatorship.
12 10%
The Joker's Riddle- That is, destroy a chunk of the world's population and survive.
37 31%
Embrace glorious extinction
17 14%
Vote for Vermin Supreme, his ponies will lead the way
22 18%
Other
20 17%
Voters: 120.
Page 1 of 3

What would be a possible course of action if the world depletes its resources due to an exponential population explosion? How can we gear society and politics to make a new sustainable system?

It may be inevitable that we will be faced with an ultimatum on how to manage scarce resources in an unbelievably overcrowded world. What's the solution then?

If this thread just becomes an excuse for fools to come in and say "ololol kill all the joos! olol", it might as well get deleted, but hopefully we can attempt to answer an uncomfortable question that could prove/is proving to be a turning point in modern civilization.

IMO, I don't have an answer to the political course of action, but socially such a situation would lead to an extreme watering down of the worth of human life itself, probably leading an Orwellian state of control. People would be nothing more than basic units of organization.

That being said, eating the rich may not be so far fetched

TLDR: What would be a possible course of action if the world depletes its resources due to an exponential population explosion? How can we gear society and politics to make a new sustainable system?

*poll will be attached when a few good ideas come up*
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Last edited by shattamakar at Jan 12, 2012,
It looks like out population peaks at 2020, and then lots of people die. HOW COULD YOU TS?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
I would avoid using the phrase "Final solution." Gives people the wrong idea.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
****in' nuke Canada.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by rockingamer2
I would avoid using the phrase "Final solution." Gives people the wrong idea.

Damn semantic hijacking!

Yeah, its foolish but true, that phrase is trouble.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Big, oxygen filled glass domes floating on the moon.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
the same thing that has happened to every species that has faces this problem, we start dying until the population becomes stable again.
✠ ☠ ✠
RIP Ronnie James Dio

Fendi Shoes is actually extremely advantageous.
Hopefully extinction.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by Krieger91
Big, oxygen filled glass domes floating on the moon.

What if someone decides to throw stones?
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
Quote by izbbass
What if someone decides to throw stones?

Oh crap, they'll break!

Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by ethan_hanus
So I guess that means you'll be the first one to gladly give up your life for the better of the world right?

Nah, I'll let you go first.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by ethan_hanus
So I guess that means you'll be the first one to gladly give up your life for the better of the world right?

I'll leave that to my kids.
Quote by genghisgandhi
What do you mean hopefully? It's such an edgy answer, I just have to learn more about your interesting thoughts!

A little peace and quiet would be nice. I'm thinking I would live for a decent amount of time, so it would be more than enough time for me to enjoy myself.
Quote by L2112Lif
Uh, we're already using up more resources than we have. It won't take long and it's not gonna look pretty when the resources are so scarce we have to fight for them.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
There are enough metals etc. in our solar system so I don't see the problem.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Kensai
Uh, we're already using up more resources than we have. It won't take long and it's not gonna look pretty when the resources are so scarce we have to fight for them.

Sure it will. We bring back the Colosseum, and have the rejects of society fight to the death. We divide all of the meat from the losers, and the winner lives to fight another day.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by ErikLensherr
****in' nuke Canada.
Yes, let's do this.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
1984= not desirable
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Sure it will. We bring back the Colosseum, and have the rejects of society fight to the death. We divide all of the meat from the losers, and the winner lives to fight another day.

Two men enter, one man leaves!

I actually like the idea, being vastly superior in close quarters combat. But what if I wanted a quick snack or something, would I have to fight people all the time? I eat a lot, and often.

Quote by shattamakar
1984= not desirable

Really? I think a big brother society would be doubleplus good. Like in England.
Every day, the world's population gathers in their respective town squares. Some of them are shot. Rinse and repeat.
Quote by slash11896
I picked up my guitar this morning and started playing next thing i know i cant stop playing In the key of A, the first letter or her name, I ended up recording a whole song in A.

Quote by WhiskeyFace
I like women with balls.
Quote by Kensai

I actually like the idea, being vastly superior in close quarters combat. But what if I wanted a quick snack or something, would I have to fight people all the time? I eat a lot, and often.

Purchase a BB gun and pop off squirrels.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Kensai

Really? I think a big brother society would be doubleplus good. Like in England.

This is the only Big Brother I would ever welcome.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
Purchase a BB gun and pop off squirrels.

But they're cute. Unlike all the GOP candidates I will be figthting.

Quote by shattamakar

Now that's the sort of thoughtcrime that won't get you vaporized.
Quote by shattamakar

That shit is ungood. Orwellian Big Brother is much gooder.
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by Kensai
But they're cute. Unlike all the GOP candidates I will be figthting.

I only suggested squirrels because they're small and weak, and if there's one there's normally more. I love squirrels too, but if it came down to it I would kill one. Maybe we should team up and rid the world of GOP candidates and chihuahuas?
Quote by L2112Lif
Quote by LRCGUITAR
I think the line labelled "population" should be "population growth". What's going to happen that kills so many of us?

Read the OP.
What would be a possible course of action if the world depletes its resources due to an exponential population explosion?

The thread title can only have a limited number of words, therefore I left out the word 'growth'. However, it should be fairly obvious to anyone especially because of the graph, the context in which I am speaking.
Quote by thanksgiving
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

War. Lots and lots of war. Everyone against America.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Page 1 of 3