Ok UG, i googled, and found nothing that helped. My step-dad gave me his guitar. He got it, when he was like 16.. hes almost 50 i think. He said something about it getting custom made. So, that may make it damn near impossible to ID.
but, yea... I cant find out anything about this guitar. So, I was Hoping you could guys could shed some light on this. In any case, its still a damn nice guitar.
EDIT: Those switches on the guitar, confuse me, so some explanation on what pickups those affect would be great. they all go two ways.
The back:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150519997464911&set=a.10150498947674911.391120.604099910&type=3
The Front:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150519997149911&set=a.10150498947674911.391120.604099910&type=3
Headstock:
http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/395886_10150519998029911_604099910_8642366_319761270_n.jpg
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
Last edited by Iblis92 at Jan 12, 2012,
How about starting with "Peavey Nitro". You know, on the headstock...

Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Jan 12, 2012,
Quote by richardlpalmer

Yea, i googled peavey nitro, theres apparantly a $hit ton of models.

lol its a peavey nitro like it says on the headstock

Its a super strat, I dont think its worth much resale so keep it as it actually would have more sentimental value. If it plays nice sounds nice, who cares what it says on the headstock, keep it.
Quote by richardlpalmer

lol

Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
Well, like i said, theres a lot of different models and years for peavey nitro. And even then, i cant find any details on it otherwise.
Also, one thing that really confuses me, (im not too knowing of the technicals of guitars)
Is that, it has a place for a tremolo bar, but also, the pegs at the bottom can be individually pressed down to produce a tremolo affect.

Last edited by Iblis92 at Jan 12, 2012,
If your step dad (or someone else) had the switches added then it's a complete shot in the dark, but if I had to guess it'd be one switch for each pickup (on/off). Are you sure the bottom one isn't a 3-way? If so, then that would probably split the humbucker. (Or the tone knob is a push/pull or push/push).

You can test my theory easily enough.

And what do you mean about, "...the pegs at the bottom can be individually pressed down to produce a tremolo affect"? Do you mean the tuners on the trem?

Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Jan 12, 2012,
I dont think theyre tuners, and they cant be moved other than pressing down on them. but i have to take them off to string the guitar.

ya that looks like it. thanks

Quote by Iblis92
ya that looks like it. thanks

You got it!
Richard

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister

PBT Native