Hi, I would want to hear some advice on what processor to buy for my guitar. I usually play metal, so I'd want some crunchy distorsion, but some crystal cleans too and I really want it to have an expression pedal. My budget is 200Euro/250$ MAX! I was thinking of getting a Vox Tonelab ST. But I still want to know some other choises. Thanks!
I've been messing with the zoom G3 and it's pretty great for everything but dirt. I bought it because it had more far out effects like bit-crushers, ring-mods, and a seek-wah, but most of the modulations, delays, and other typical stuff is pretty darn nice too.

I'm not a fan of the distortion and fuzz models on it, but I've never found a modeler that meets my standards on those, so it might be me setting the bar too high rather than the pedal doing a bad job.
Quote by dullsilver_mike
I've been messing with the zoom G3 and it's pretty great for everything but dirt. I bought it because it had more far out effects like bit-crushers, ring-mods, and a seek-wah, but most of the modulations, delays, and other typical stuff is pretty darn nice too.

I'm not a fan of the distortion and fuzz models on it, but I've never found a modeler that meets my standards on those, so it might be me setting the bar too high rather than the pedal doing a bad job.

I don't really think that the bar that high, because I really got a nice opinion of the Vox Tonelab. It's got nice cleans and distorsion too and effects are enaugh(for me at least)

Another one I was kinda' interested in was the Korg AX3000G. Cheeper and pretty nice too.
Realistically, the best you could do is probably a used POD HD300.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I used a digitech RP350 for a while. it did its job rather well and had some cool features.

They can be picked up pretty cheap used now. It has an expression pedal and all the effects are programmable. You can coax some decent sounds out of it with some tweaking although the presets aren't horribly bad.

Also had a few decent metal presets which would suit you.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
Quote by zirko_95
I don't really think that the bar that high, because I really got a nice opinion of the Vox Tonelab. It's got nice cleans and distorsion too and effects are enaugh(for me at least)

Another one I was kinda' interested in was the Korg AX3000G. Cheeper and pretty nice too.

If your interested I have a korg for sale if you want one.
Running through:

Engl Fireball
Engl Slanted Cab
Ibanez Xiphos
Schecter C-1 FR Black
Ibanez GRG (on its way)

Pedals:
Boss Noise Gate, Zakk Wylde Overdrive, Boss Tuner, Zakk Wylde Wah.
Quote by kyle62
What amp do you have?
I have a Vox AD50VT.

And avenge the rage, I'm from Romania so if you add the taxes its kinda' the same, but thanks anyway.
Quote by zirko_95
I have a Vox AD50VT.

And avenge the rage, I'm from Romania so if you add the taxes its kinda' the same, but thanks anyway.

Ah. The VT50 is basically a Tonelab-in-a-box. I don't really see sense in buying a processor for an amp which is already a pretty decent processor!
Quote by kyle62
Ah. The VT50 is basically a Tonelab-in-a-box. I don't really see sense in buying a processor for an amp which is already a pretty decent processor!
Yeah ,but the Tonelab has much more diversity. And I wanna carry it with me to rehearsals. (my amp is huge and I don't own a car) +I was thinking of replaceing it anyway
Quote by zirko_95
Yeah ,but the Tonelab has much more diversity. And I wanna carry it with me to rehearsals. (my amp is huge and I don't own a car) +I was thinking of replaceing it anyway

Cool, the Tonelab is a good choice then.
Make sure wherever you're going has a clean amp (ideally with an FX loop so you can just use the power section) or decent monitoring for the PA system, and you're sorted.