Page 1 of 8
At least two of four US Marines shown in a video appearing to urinate on Taliban corpses have been identified, a Marine Corps official has told the BBC.

The video, which was posted online, purports to show four US Marines standing over the bodies of several Taliban fighters, at least one of whom is covered in blood.

The Marines have begun a criminal investigation and an internal inquiry.

US officials and Afghan officials have condemned the video as "deplorable".

The origin of the video is not known, but it was originally posted to YouTube.

The BBC's Steve Kingstone says the official would not confirm the Marines' whereabouts, but reports suggested the unit involved was based at Camp Lejeune, North Carolina - a major military base.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-16538159

You guys have surely been following this, it's been on the news quite a lot lately. They've now identified some of the men who took part of the urination. Hopefully they'll all get a shrink and get discharged, at the very least.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
They may have been busting for a wizz.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Damn, I figured they were from Maine.

I guessed Georgia.

[quote="'-[NiL"]-']They're dead, what do they care being pissed on?
It's disrepectful
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Tell that to Bear Grylls.
I giggled.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']They're dead, what do they care

My thoughts when I was having intercourse with your late grandmother's corpse.
I'm still more upset about that guy who threw a puppy off a cliff.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Quote by technicolour

You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
Quote by technicolour

Ha ha, you put your dick in ashes.
Quote by Kensai

It's disrepectful

Yeah, because the primary objective in war should be showing respect to the enemy, right?!

They did what was deemed the correct action in the heat of the battle. Adrenaline has to be taken into account, not to mention their lives were in danger. Lets wait for all the information to come out and perhaps take into account the extenuating circumstances before passing judgement, eh?
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Tell that to Bear Grylls.

Bear would've pissed on them, ate them, and then drank the piss for good measure
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by Thrashtastic15
Yeah, because the primary objective in war should be showing respect to the enemy, right?!

They did what was deemed the correct action in the heat of the battle. Adrenaline has to be taken into account, not to mention their lives were in danger. Lets wait for all the information to come out and perhaps take into account the extenuating circumstances before passing judgement, eh?

Mainers tend to pull their dinks out in the heat of adrenaline.

I think we've saved the investigators some time
╘MESHUG╦G╗AH

Ibanez ARX 350
Dunlop 535Q
Ibanez TS9
Peavey TransTube Supreme
DRIVE Elite straight 412
I love how these civilians stick their noses up in the air, "ooh, I wouldn't have peed on that corpse, la dee da"

When the fact is you have no idea what you would've done in the fog of war.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
It's a violation of both the Geneva convention and United States Military Law vis a vis desecration of the dead.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

Yeah often when I'm full of adrenaline I whip my dick out and urinate on human remains.

I know you're trolling, canuck.
Quote by Thrashtastic15

The hell are you talking about? Heat of battle?? They pissed on a dead body. Unless that dead body was a zombie, and piss would disarm it, I don't see the need.

edit: ah, trolling did cross my mind, wasn't sure.
OH! I can't wait for Zoot and friends to arrive and take this single instance and use it to steriotype the entire U.S. military and U.S.!

Is this single event disgusting? Yes
Is it justifiable? If you have any sense of decency, no
But I can see why someone would go this far to piss on their enemy when their enemy sends suicide bombers and terror attacks at them and may have well killed their friends. Doesn't justify this act, just sayin I can see why someone would go to that lengths to deface their enemy.
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Hmm... This is tough to stand on. Respect for the dead, BUT the dead is the Taliban. Evens out I guess?
Those taliban guys must have really pissed the marines off
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

It sends a negative message to us aligned and non-aligned afghans. Here's your allies, people fighting the bad guys... now see them being dishonourable by desecrating bodies.
Quote by Myaccount876
Hmm... This is tough to stand on. Respect for the dead, BUT the dead is the Taliban. Evens out I guess?

They're dead. Punishment enough, don't you think?
🙈 🙉 🙊
This makes me pissed off.

Teehee
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: Esperanza Spalding, Vulfpeck, Caravan Palace

It is I, the mighty shitkicker, as prophesied by JustRooster. Obey me.
Quote by Dreadnought
lol @ Marines. Not surprised on many accounts
Have you noticed personality differences between the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force? Just curious. My best friend is in the Navy, and he likes it and all, but says 9 out of 10 of the guys there are pieces of shit.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']I saw that before you deleted it, you pussy.

If you are referring to me, I deleted because I thought it was going too far.
Quote by The Madcap
Have you noticed personality differences between the Army, Navy, Marines and Air Force? Just curious. My best friend is in the Navy, and he likes it and all, but says 9 out of 10 of the guys there are pieces of shit.

dats bcuz theyre soldierz in the imperial americafacist machine lol derp
Quote by technicolour

It's all fun and games anyway.

I don't take you seriously, and you shouldn't take me seriously either.
Quote by The Madcap

Generally, yes. However, the biggest difference is between special operations and non-special operations. There's a huge chasm between the levels of responsibility, professionalism, training, etc.
My God, it's full of stars!
I'm more interested in what Bear Grylls did.

Can someone tell me?
Breakfast, Breakfast, it's great for us
We eat, we eat, we eat
That frozen meat
Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, it can't be beat
Quote by technicolour

Oh now we have to know.
Quote by Kensai
Yeah often when I'm full of adrenaline I whip my dick out and urinate on human remains.

I know you're trolling, canuck.

They were in a potentially dangerous situation, and in those situations you have to think on the fly. There are situations where you would need to illicit a specific response from the enemy for tactical purposes, and maybe this was a highly ingenious plot to get the enemies in a specific mindset in order to insure the best outcome for the brave souls who had their lives on the line. We don't know the exact story yet, so we shouldn't be making hasty judgements at this point in time if we are interested in uncovering the truth behind what happened.