in the process of saving up for a new standard, how much should i expect to be cut off when i talk down the price
10/7/07- Van Halen
3/16/08- Iron Maiden
1/9/09- AC/DC
7/8/09- Judas Priest
11/10/09- Metallica
7/3/10- Iron Maiden
7/24/10- Rush
4/15/11- Rush-

Quote by LordBishek
with a penis as small as mine, I don't have a very humorous take on the world.
Probably not alot. Also, if you're still using a Fender FM amp then it won't sound too hot anyway
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
The only places that will give you a discount are going to be small stores which probably can't afford to carry Gibsons in the first place, or if they can they'll need to charge near the RRP for them and won't have much room to knock money off.

If you want the best price on a Gibson you have to buy online. Of course, Gibsons vary so much that buying online is quite risky.

My advice, as an owner of several Gibsons, is you wait, save up, and go to some stores and try out lots and buy whichever one fits your hand best. The bigger chain stores will obviously have the best selection. They probably won't give you any discount but in truth if you hunt out a good one, you'll still be enjoying the guitar long after you've forgotten that it cost an extra hundred over what it would have online.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Go to some local shops. Most will probably have a few LPs you can try out, and if they're used you can save a lot.
MLP Vendors kick GCs a**! If you live in the US, call vendors like Marks Guitar Loft, Sweetwater, Wildwood or Eddies Guitars. They will go lower than their on-line price as they can only advertise to adefined minimum due to contractual arrangements. My R7 generally lists for $3500 & I paid $2750. This is quite normal I've been learning, but you have to call and ask for their best price. Also good vendors don't just ship a guitar from thier warehouse, they'll pick one out specifically to your tastes in many cases.
Moving on.....
I managed to negotiate the price of my Gibson when i bought it. I managed to get the guitar even cheaper than the cheapest place to get it online. Along with some free case candy.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by KenG
MLP Vendors kick GCs a**! If you live in the US, call vendors like Marks Guitar Loft, Sweetwater, Wildwood or Eddies Guitars. They will go lower than their on-line price as they can only advertise to adefined minimum due to contractual arrangements. My R7 generally lists for $3500 & I paid $2750. This is quite normal I've been learning, but you have to call and ask for their best price. Also good vendors don't just ship a guitar from thier warehouse, they'll pick one out specifically to your tastes in many cases.
This.
Quote by KenG
MLP Vendors kick GCs a**! If you live in the US, call vendors like Marks Guitar Loft, Sweetwater, Wildwood or Eddies Guitars. They will go lower than their on-line price as they can only advertise to adefined minimum due to contractual arrangements. My R7 generally lists for $3700 & I paid $2750. This is quite normal I've been learning, but you have to call and ask for their best price. Also good vendors don't just ship a guitar from thier warehouse, they'll pick one out specifically to your tastes in many cases.

that.

and it generally lists for $3700 so fixed.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Jan 13, 2012,
Go second hand? You can argue all day about the price if you want?

Older gibsons tend to bemade aswel, my 07 has some cracking between the top and the body, took it to a local luither to see if it was my fault. He told me that it was because Gibson did not dry the two pieces at the same rate/location therefore they expand and contract at different rates, hence the cracking. Drove me mad, two years of saving for it, my 150euro greg bennett didnt crack like that. Still feels and sounds the business though
07 Gibson Les Paul LE
06 Fender Mex Strat - SDJb Jr, duckbucker, lil 59
Floor
Cry Baby 95Q-> Digitech Whammy -> DD3 -> MXR Micro Amp-> TU 2
Loop
Holy Grail ->Boss Rc20 Loop Station
Amp
Laney GH50 with Zilla Fatboy 2x12 (celestion g12-65)
Quote by gerrywm
Go second hand? You can argue all day about the price if you want?

Older gibsons tend to bemade aswel, my 07 has some cracking between the top and the body, took it to a local luither to see if it was my fault. He told me that it was because Gibson did not dry the two pieces at the same rate/location therefore they expand and contract at different rates, hence the cracking. Drove me mad, two years of saving for it, my 150euro greg bennett didnt crack like that. Still feels and sounds the business though

what did gibson customer service say when you sent them pictures?
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
^^ I doubt he went to Gibson customer service, they never do even though Gbson offers a lifetime warranty on the guitars. Either that or he bought used so no warranty.
Moving on.....