Yah, so my father keeps on forgetting. He is 62. I'm over visiting him for three weeks within that stage, he has convinced himself that they have made multiple copies of a movie we saw, that he has seen previously three times and couldn't remember the plot. He forgot his computer password that he told me during the start of my visit, he forgot where a mobile phone store is in the local shopping center that he's visited at least three times.

Is this normal for a 62 year old or should I be afraid for the future of my little grey cells?
Sounds like a serious medical problem that he needs evaluated IMMEDIATELY. Like, he needs to be in an ambulance going to the ER. If this is a new problem he could be having a stroke, or a number of other issues.
You should take him to a doctor for a check up. I know they make some kinds of medicine that don't cure memory loss, but slow down the process.
Quote by Jabels225
Sounds like a serious medical problem that he needs evaluated IMMEDIATELY. Like, he needs to be in an ambulance going to the ER. If this is a new problem he could be having a stroke, or a number of other issues.

That's not a stroke, I've had family members who have had strokes and that's not it. It sounds like early stages of memory loss. If he takes him to the ER he is going to get charged an ungodly amount of money that insurance won't cover because they won't consider it an emergency.
Quote by Jabels225

It's nothing ambulance serious. Sounds like common old dementia to me. Should go to the doctor fo' sho' but nothing ambulance ecessary.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Quote by Jabels225

A stroke is a cardiovascular event that does not present simply with memory issues. you may be thinking of a tumour or TIA.

There is potentially serious stuff here based on what TS describes, and a visit to a doctor (or, preferably, a clinical neuropsychologist) would not be a bad idea.
Quote by Kenjisan231
You should take him to a doctor for a check up. I know they make some kinds of medicine that don't cure memory loss, but slow down the process.

AChE inhibitors?
Quote by nincompoop

Double entendre.

Too soon?

never too soon to fail

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Be afraid. Not normal at all.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Guess it's time to take him out back and pop one in the back of his head, TS. It's for his own good...
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
Quote by Niiko
Guess it's time to take him out back and pop one in the back of his head, TS. It's for his own good...

And then piss on him.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
The guy's old...it happens.

Take him to a doctor. Not the A&E because you're American and that shit actually costs you money.

EDIT: You're Australian. **** knows how your healthcare system works.
Last edited by a_7_x at Jan 12, 2012,
Yeah that's fairly common with the elderly, there should be some medicine for it but it's not a permanent cure. Alzheimer's.
Quote by ali.guitarkid7
Yeah that's fairly common with the elderly, there should be some medicine for it but it's not a permanent cure. Alzheimer's.

This, and there is no cure for it, it'll only start to get worse. I've had a few great grand parents die from it already...it sucks.
WaitholdonyoucandiefromAlzheimers'?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
WaitholdonyoucandiefromAlzheimers'?

Not directly no, but people with advanced Alzheimers are much more susceptible to infections and other potentially fatal problems.
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Convince yourself that he molested you. Use his weak memory against him. Sue him. Usurp his cattle and take his wife as your own.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

Quote by jesse music
He's very convinced of the things he forgets and then re imagines incorrectly.

Besides, his wife to be is my step mum to be, and she's fat and old and etc

And if it wasn't for this, you'd consider it???
Yeah, sounds worrying. Could be the onset of something like Alzheimer's, or could just be due to getting old. Best thing is to get him to see a doctor.

Edit: Sorry, forgot what I was going to post
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Last edited by slash_GNR666 at Jan 13, 2012,