I just installed a GFS Vibrola on my Squier Tele Custom ii, and I used a Tune-O style bridge. As you would expect, this raises the action a considerable amount. It's now nearly twice as high as I want it at the 12th fret. The bridge is at its lowest, so I figured I'd shim the neck. Seeing as I've attempted shimming once, and I made a complete hash of it, I thought I'd ask for some tips. If you want pics, just ask.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
I don't know how to do it...but you sigged me
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You say that every time we enter the same thread! And it's a good quote.
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Depends, I don't know what pickups go good with plywood. EMGs will make it sound like every other EMG guitar though.

Quote by JazzMunkeyy
it needs a silver flakes
and sara underwood
Are you using a roller TOM bridge with the vibrola?
When I 'm setting up a guitar that needs a shim at the neck, I set the bridge height to be between lowest and highest, saddles in the middle. Then with one string on the guitarI loosen the neck screws. With a pencil I make a mark on the side of the neck where the screws closest to the body are where the body meets the neck. Next I rotate the neck on the front screws untill the height of the tight string off of the 12th fret is about 1/16", then I make another mark below the first mark at the side of the neck. The distance between the two marks is the height of the shim.
The shim wedge should go all the way across the bottom of the neck, and all the way foreward, not just between the screws, full contact between the neck and body for better neck stability and tone.
Once the shim's in place, the TOM can be raised or lowered for final action and intonation adjustment.
Good luck.