I just recently found out that turning your mids all the way down is aparently taboo for a guitar player.Granted,you have to turn way up to be heard if you do this,this is the sound I like.If everyone liked the same sound the world would be a boring place.So I would like to know what amp you guys are playing through,and where you have the 3 main eq's set,bass-mid-and treble,and what band's sound you are most trying to duplicate.I have a Peavey Windsor Head,and my eq's are set like this,bass=max,mid=least,treble=5'ish.And the sound I like the most and are trying to replicate with my own little spin is the band Kyuss.I know alot of guy's don't like to admit they are trying to copy a certain band's sound but say the closest band you think you sound like.What say you?
as a general EQ i like to keep my bass and mids higher then my treble. i usually use the presence controll to substitute.
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
I don't care that you are noob, but settings threads are banned.

reported.

I'm sure someone has already tried to convince you to turn up your mids, since the guitar is a mid range instrument when compared to bass guitar, drums, and vocals. I'm sure others will also chime in.
Quote by Sputnik1
I don't care that you are noob, but settings threads are banned.

reported.

I'm sure someone has already tried to convince you to turn up your mids, since the guitar is a mid range instrument when compared to bass guitar, drums, and vocals. I'm sure others will also chime in.

I may be a noobie but if you can't talk about how you set your eq on your amp,how can this sight be called ultimate-guitar.com? I don't get it.