I couldv'e taken a ton of pictures of every single little detail but I just wanted to cut to the chase because it's nothing SUPER exciting. Anyways, welcome to my newest member of the family (and actually the first electric I have had in a really long time!). It's the Gibson Nighthawk Studio in pelham blue. A lot of people think this guitar is ugly but I could care less, it plays like a dream and I think she is beautiful. Has the burstbuckers/humbursters/whatever you want to call them as the pups. The bridge (surprisingly one of the reasons I bought it) is a hardtail string-through (screw TOM bridges to hell). The body is poplar and the neck is mahogany. Tonepros tuners. The tone pot coil-taps.

I was originally going to buy a SG but I seen this fine lady hanging up and wanted some attention so I dove in. The neck is very easy to play and the action (on mine) was perfect. The only gripes I have is that it is small and I am a lot taller than average (6'4") so it has been taking a lot of getting use to, especially after playing a dreadnought acoustic exclusively for the past year or two.

All in all I am very satisfied. She will most likely stay by my side for a while to come.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
Last edited by cdr_salamander at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by Delboyuk_01
HNGD!!! Doesn't look ugly to me although I know what you mean about the size, a bit too uncomfortable for me.
Doesn't this model have a different pickup set up to the normal nighthawk, the normal one has one of the pickups at an angle?

Yeah I think the 2009 version had the slanted bridge but dont quote me on that. The current standard one is a couple hundred bucks more and has that middle SC.
Quote by Dunning~Kruger
Yes I was rude, and I was aggressive and I was offending a large group of people. But I was civlized about it.

Taylor 414CE
i've always thought it was the les paul that's been pulled from a picasso.

very cool new guitar, pelham blue is awesome.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
That's a nice guitar an it don't look ugly at all. Happy NGD man when do we get to hear it .
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Ibanez RG7321
Peavey Vyper 15w
Peavey 6505+ 112
I really like that thing, nice colour and it looks great to play. HNGD
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
HNGD, I've had GAS for a nighthawk for a while now. Enjoy!!
GEAR
Godin Icon Type 2 Classic
Vox SDC 33
Mesa Boogie Express 5:50 2x12
Roland Cube 80XL
Boss Tuner
BBE Boosta Grande
Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer
Amptweaker Tightmetal
ISP Decimator
Zoom G3
TC Electronic Flashback
Visual Sound H2O
Thats nice! Me = not a huge Gibson fan ,but maybe I like it because it looks like a ESP.
What the hell!!!
HNGD, I've always wanted one of these, they play like a dream, and I think it's gorgeous in blue