Just got this guitar about a week ago and it's my first Fender (shame I know) but I always played les pauls but loved the look of the blacktop series especially the Jag.

For a guitar worth just $700 I was blown how responsive it was and how great it sounded. Sounds great playing clean which goes without saying as most Fender guitars too but as i'm in a heavy rock band that play mainly in drop c so I needed something that could bring the 'br00tz' and thats exactly what this can bring! I tested it out in the guitar store and threw it into a drop tuning and riff'd away.

This things a beast!

ESP: EC-401

Hughes & Kettner: Tubemeister 18 Head
Harley Benton: G212 Vintage Cabinet

Dunlop: ZW-45 Zakk Wylde CryBaby Wah
Boss: TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss: Mt-2 Metal Zone
Electro Harmonix: Memory Toy Delay
Boss: NS-2 Noise Supressor
Got to be the most unpredicatable 'br00tz' guitar ever but HNGD, can't beat Fenders!
Gear:

Gibson 2005 Les Paul Standard
Fender Road Worn Strat w/ Noiseless pickups
Marshall JCM 2000 401C
Marshall Vintage Modern 2266
Marshall 1960A cab (Dave Hill from Slade's old cab)
Ibanez TS9DX
EHX Little Big Muff
Freshman Acoustic
i got a fender blacktop strat in october. mindblowing quality and i love the maple neck! only problem i think is the tuners.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
i got a fender blacktop strat in october. mindblowing quality and i love the maple neck! only problem i think is the tuners.

Agreed. The tuners are a bit of a pain but a small price to pay for a blacktop. I mean we can't expect the greatest tuners for $700 ha
Love the blacktop Jag's. Probably going to be my next purchase. HNGD!
Yamaha FG700S
LTD EC-1000 MGO
Agile 3k
Laney Cub 15w Head with 2x12 cab
Vox VT 20+
The Blacktop range of guitars are brilliant. I've been considering getting myself one of the red Telecasters with the maple necks. HNGD!

EDIT - Scratch that. I just ordered myself a fully wired body for one of the red Telecasters. I have a couple of necks that should work on it too. !
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Jan 13, 2012,
I've been really considering one of these, but I don't really want two humbuckers, I'd like 1 maybe, but also one single coil so IDK. I kind of want to be able to get the thin jangly surf sound they were made for. Can you get that with this too?
Quote by qaz923
I've been really considering one of these, but I don't really want two humbuckers, I'd like 1 maybe, but also one single coil so IDK. I kind of want to be able to get the thin jangly surf sound they were made for. Can you get that with this too?

Yeah definitely man. I'd say go down to a guitar center or somewhere and just fire it up and see how you like it. The cleans are great on it. I mean you could always change the pickups out.
Nice guitar dude. I almost got one of those but chose the Jazzmaster instead. It's one of my favorite guitars.
Did you know the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?

So imagine life in a Vault-Tec Vault. Not just a future.
A brighter future... underground.

Patrolling the Mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter.
Quote by qaz923

its got a 5 way switch and settings 2 and 4 are the coils inside the pickups.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I've been eyeing the Fender Jag for a while. But anything Fender down here is quite expensive.

But Happy New Jaguar Day

Also
Quote by ProphetToJables
Got to be the most unpredicatable 'br00tz' guitar ever but HNGD, can't beat Fenders!

This

Quote by UnmagicMushroom
I've been eyeing the Fender Jag for a while. But anything Fender down here is quite expensive.

But Happy New Jaguar Day

A Fender Jaguar is better than a Jaguar fender.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by leigh596
its got a 5 way switch and settings 2 and 4 are the coils inside the pickups.

thats awesome, i really have to check one of these out then
Quote by qaz923
thats awesome, i really have to check one of these out then

That's only the Stratocaster. The Jaguar is just normal three-way HB wiring.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi