I want to make a see-through guitar. I know they're heavy and tend to sound shit but I don't care. I want one!
I want an ESP EX shaped one but no one makes an acrylic body in that shape.
I was going to buy a sheet of Acrylic and just treat it like I would if it was a slab of wood but after seeing the price(something like 500 clams just to get it to 1" thick...) I'm wondering if it would be poosible to buy liquid acrylic(the kind they use for nails) and pour it into a mold and...yeah...

I don't care about the tone, I LOVE a heavy guitar, and I want to pull a "HEWHOCANNOTBENAMED" at my bands show but I'm shy so this way I could "hide" my junk behind my guitar!

If Liquid Acrylic wouldn't work, what would work?
I also want to find a way to make the headstock clear but I'll worry about that after I get it playing.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Something like that isn't meant to work in such a thick application, so I don't really see it working..

They make kinds of epoxy resin for use as tabletops (sometimes you see bar tops made out of them..with bottle caps or coasters encased in the epoxy)
That might work for you. Itd still be fairly expensive, like over $100, but its cheaper than a slab of acrylic at least
liquid acrylic? acrylic is liquid when it melts I guess haha. You mean acrylic paint? idfk

clear cast epoxy resin brah
still expensive, but not as much
THAT WHAT'S I WAS THINKING OF!!
My brother did the center console of his Thunderbird with it when I was like 10(about 15 years ago maybe...?). Not sure why I was thinking of Liquid Acrylic.

Thanks guys. Yeah, 100 is still cheaper than I figured I'd end up spending.
I was even thinking of getting some quarter inch panels and laminating them together(Lowes sells the panels for like 10 bucks and I'd only need like 6-8) That way I could cut certain layers so I wouldn't have to route anything and maybe even do some funky design in a different layers.
Seems like for a first, the resin would be easier and probably better.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
Quote by Boysie8
Haha that was my first thought, Jason. Don't forget Scatter's one as well

Fender also made a hollow tele, you could replicate that without too much cost (though a lot more work):

I didn't think about going hollow... I like that a lot.

The Monolith guitar is bad ass but I'm not comfortable making my own necks yet.

Those two guitars are amazing. I have so many ideas surging through my head now! I think I might start with a semi hollow(always wanted a semi-hollow so why not?) in the shape of a B.C. Rich Beast!!! and after that then move onto something "bigger and better".
Quote by Wisthekiller
BC Rich already made acrylic Beasts.

Yeah, but they're expensive(or were from what I remember) and I can't find any of them for sell. Plus I only remember seeing them in red and green(the green might have been a Warlock though).