Hello, musicians of UG.

Long story short, I'm in a band, and we're planning a string of tour dates with The Isosceles Project on the East coast of the USA next year. We've got a tentative schedule, and we're looking for:

Bands that could open at local locations on the tour,
Recommendations of venues/promoting agents
Potentially another band interested in doing part of the tour with us.

The places we're looking for info at include:
Richmond, VA
Washington DC
Philadelphia, PA
New York City, NY
New Haven, CT
Boston, MA
Anywhere in NJ
Anywhere in DE
Baltimore, MD

Anyone have any advice/recommendations for us? Feel free to PM me as well, or send me a message on Facebook. My name is Zach Dresher.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
How far south are you wanting to go?

New Brookland Tavern - Columbia, South Carolina All booking info can be found under the tab "booking" at the top, real easy place to get booked, just check open dates, and they're pretty good about filling opening bands for you if you need some.

5 points pub - Also in columbia. Booking info is under the info tab on their facebook. Again, very easy to get booked there, and also will book other local bands for the bill if you need.

Music Farm - Charleston, SC. They book through All In Entertainment who is one of the larger promoters in the state.

Ground Zero - Spartburg, SC booking info is under the "info" tab on their facebook.

The Dog House - Fayetville, NC. Fairly easy to get booked there, great sound crew, and pretty large stage as well. Booking info is on that page.

The Orange Peel - Asheville, NC Great venue, they do their booking through AC Entertainment, which is linked on the page.

Sector 7G - Augusta, Georgia. Real easy place to get booked.

37 Main - Buford, GA Really cool place, booking info is on the page.

Caledonia Lounge - Caledonia, GA Cool place, easy to book.

Live Wire - Savannah, GA

12th and Porter - Nashville, TN

3rd and Lindsley - Nashville, TN

High Tone - Memphis, TN

That should be a good start for you, if you need more, or want some more states, just let me know.

Also, since there are a few multiple venues in each city, maybe think about booking both and just do the other on the way back up the east coast.

Edit: Just saw, you listed states more north, it might be a really good idea to come down farther at least to georgia, there's quite a popular metal scene in Augusta, one of the best in the S.East. Would be more than worth the trip down just for that one alone, Columbia SC also has a pretty good metal scene, along with Fayetteville and Asheville NC, and Tennessee is just a cluster **** of all music but they have a great music scene for all genres.

Again, just an idea, it'd make it a real East Coast tour. Don't know if your on any sort of time constraints to tour, but it'd be a good idea to make it down south.
Last edited by scguitarking927 at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by scguitarking927
How far south are you wanting to go?

Just saw, you listed states more north, it might be a really good idea to come down farther at least to georgia, there's quite a popular metal scene in Augusta, one of the best in the S.East. Would be more than worth the trip down just for that one alone, Columbia SC also has a pretty good metal scene, along with Fayetteville and Asheville NC, and Tennessee is just a cluster **** of all music but they have a great music scene for all genres.

Again, just an idea, it'd make it a real East Coast tour. Don't know if your on any sort of time constraints to tour, but it'd be a good idea to make it down south.

Thanks for all the places- I'm actually from NC originally myself, and very familiar with the scene in the surrounding region. The problem is that we're touring with another band to start, and we begin in Raleigh NC. We'll be playing up the east coast, not down, so we won't be able to hit the lower venues this time around. That being said, we're hoping to go down south for our next tour (whenever that is, maybe next year?), and I'll definitely keep those places in mind.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
Quote by silhouettica
Thanks for all the places- I'm actually from NC originally myself, and very familiar with the scene in the surrounding region. The problem is that we're touring with another band to start, and we begin in Raleigh NC. We'll be playing up the east coast, not down, so we won't be able to hit the lower venues this time around. That being said, we're hoping to go down south for our next tour (whenever that is, maybe next year?), and I'll definitely keep those places in mind.

Gotcha, well even then if your band just wanted to come down and play, Sector 7g in augusta and either venue in columbia are beyond easy to book, especially so far out. Maybe give yourselves an extra 3 days and then meet in NC with the other band and start the tour. Would be a little extra money in your pockets and a good idea to play the area once before the next tour, that way you can at least say you've played in the state if your trying to get booked at some of the more reputable venues. Columbia is something like 3 hours away from raleigh and augusta isn't much more than an hour and half from there, so it's not like your more than 6 or so hours away from getting back and ready with stops. Might even be a good idea to play two shows before starting the actual tour just to get into the groove of playing.

Anyways, good luck man!
Last edited by scguitarking927 at Jan 13, 2012,