Hi everyone, I have been playing guitar for about 6-7 years now and I feel that it is finally time for me to upgrade my amp.

I'm looking for a half stack that I can use to practice and play with friends with, I play various kinds of metal music so I want a amp with good distortion (metalcore, death metal etc). My budget is around 600-900 Euros and I currently have a Peavey Rage 258.

I have been looking at the LINE6 SPIDER VALVE MK II HD100, would that be a good choice for my purposes? And would the cabinet from this package be good enough?
http://www.thomann.de/se/line6_spider_valve_mk_ii_hd10_bundle.htm

The Line6 is a little expensive and I won't go any higher then that, but is there any cheaper alternatives that would be just as good or even better then the line6 for me?

Thanks in advice!
5150/6505 is the normal choice for br00talz.

bugera does a copy of it for not that much. I haven't tried it, though, and the early ones set you on fire (I'm only half joking).

i'd get a different cab than the bugera one, though. i could be wrong but i doubt it's ply. ply's too flammable (ok so that is a joke but i still suspect it's not ply or they'd have it plastered all over the specs).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^^Peavey makes good stuff.

If you want a good marshall copy the Peavey windsor head is only $400. I had one(it was a bit louder than I wanted) and sounds great.
Last edited by Vital-Signs at Jan 13, 2012,
bugera 6262, i have the 212 combo (loaded with an eminence texas heat and an eminence swamp thang) and it is a great amp. mine is a 2007 one and it is doing just fine. it's a great metal amp and it is very versatile.
Quote by Vital-Signs
^^Peavey makes good stuff.

If you want a good marshall copy the Peavey windsor head is only $400. I had one(it was a bit louder than I wanted) and sounds great.

Peavey makes crap speakers. The Windsor is not great for metal core and so on. Might work for early Opeth, but not heavier stuff.

For once, I'd say 6505/5150. The Bugeras will have better cleans, but the Peavey will survive a nuclear war (unless it's the 6505+).
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Last edited by AtaBorMan at Jan 13, 2012,
The 6505 seems to be pretty nice, but it's kind of expensive. What would be a good (not to expensive) cabinet to go with the 6505?
Or would it be better for me to go with the Bugera 6262 and get some decent speakers?
Last edited by Backadd at Jan 13, 2012,
How about a 6505 combo? Then you can upgrade the speakers if you wish, and I think it's cheaper than the head. Look for a used one.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
Alternative - Bugera 6262 infinium model (search on youtube)

Cab wise - the harley benton g212 vintage is probably the best bang for your buck cab out there!
Gear
Bugera 6262 Head
Harley Benton G212 Vintage
Ibanez RGA 121 Prestige
ESP LTD DJ600
Fender USA Stratecaster
Maxon O808
TC Electronic Flashback Delay
ISP Decimator
MXR 10 Band EQ
Boss T-U3 Tuner Pedal
I'm thinking the Bugera 6262 and Harley Benton g212 (or 412) vintage or would the 6505 combo be a better deal for me?
ive been looking around for the same thing as well (ill probs make a thread when i get the cash XD) have a looka at the bugera 333XL infinium, blackstar ht-40 or stage 60 or the peavey XXX 40 combo (bit cheaper though, but discontinued and hard to find >.< ) i think their all right from what ive seen, but any reasons y there bad or what ever id love to know

EDIT: herp derp u wanted a half stack didnt you >.< i should pay more attention :/
Ibanez RG470AHZ
Squire Strat
Walden G630CE

Blackstar HT-40
Marshal MG30FX

OFFICIALLY A 'BEAUTIFUL PERSON'
Last edited by lock@stoner at Jan 14, 2012,
The SV HD100 mkII will work for you, but I really sugest looking at the Bugera 6260 (5150 clone). Also take a look at the Jet City JCA 50/100h (Soldano HR Avenger).
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I'll probably go with the Bugera 6262 and Harley Benton cab, thanks for all advice!
Quote by Backadd
I'll probably go with the Bugera 6262 and Harley Benton cab, thanks for all advice!

Don't forget this:

Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
Quote by Adam124
Alternative - Bugera 6262 infinium model (search on youtube)

Cab wise - the harley benton g212 vintage is probably the best bang for your buck cab out there!

+1

Amazing rig for the price.