Hi. I was planning on buying an acoustic as my first guitar but sadly musiciansfriend.com doesn't seem to ship many products to Canada. I was wondering if there were any Canadians here who could recommend a site similar to it that will ship to Toronto.

Also, what kind of an acoustic would you guys recommend for a budget of $200-250 Canadian dollars (I'm not against buying a used guitar)? Usually I listen to a mix of classic rock and progressive types of metal (Ayreon, Opeth, Nevermore, etc.). Any help offered will be greatly appreciated, thanks .
L A Music (Toronto)! I just ordered my Jackson Kelly from them. Great prices and free shipping! Check them out!

http://www.lamusic.ca/

Also Long & Mcquade does online sales, look on there.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Last edited by GunsNSnakepits at Jan 13, 2012,
welcome to the world of guitars nova ! it's a little frustrating for a few weeks but it gets a lot easier after that.
Long & Mcquade is probably your best bet. You can check online for reference, and you'll find that their in-store prices are often cheaper than what their webpage says. What city do you live in?
Capitalization is the difference between "I helped my Uncle Jack off the horse" and "i helped my uncle jack off the horse"
Quote by stepchildusmc
either way your gonna need a big bucket... how you set it under the horse is up to you.
I'm sure no one will agree with me but I recently picked up a Fender Malibu that I am in love with. It does have a compressed sound because it is small but it is also very comfortable and accessible to play. It also sounds good when plugged in or over a PA.
Dude, Long & Mcquade. There are several locations in and around Toronto, and all have slightly different stock. Check their website under 'local store specials' to see some of the discounted & used stuff each store has as well as checking out the regular stock. You can haggle with them easily. Get on the subway and check out their main location.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
LA Music man. They're down by lakeshore if you're in mississauga.
Cheaper than L&M (less markup) and more sales.
sigless
Quote by sysD
LA Music man. They're down by lakeshore if you're in mississauga.
Cheaper than L&M (less markup) and more sales.

But frighteningly bad service, particularly for a first-timer. I no longer darken their door, preferring instead to go across the street to The Guitar Shop when I'm out that way.
Various Strats
Polytone Mini Brute
Koch Studiotone XL
Swart STR Tweed
Quilter 101 Reverb and Mini
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1