You have a boat and need to take a fox, a chicken and some corn across a river.

The boat will only hold you and one other thing.

If you leave the chicken alone with the corn, the chicken will eat the corn.

If you leave the fox alone with the chicken, the chicken's in big trouble.

How can you get them all across in the least amount of trips possible?
When you guys first heard the riddle, how long did it take you to solve it? It only took me a minute to get when I was introduced to it, but I know quite a few people who needed a long time to get it/couldn't get it at all.
Last edited by Represent at Jan 13, 2012,
i'd imagine it takes most people a long time because they don't realize they can bring anything back with them.
I was about to compliment you on your ability to actually make an understandable sentence, then i looked at your sig.
I felt defeated.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
What rickyj said.

Also, it just depends on how a person processes a problem. Solving the riddle quickly is just as meaningful as solving it slowly.
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
Quote by rickyj
i'd imagine it takes most people a long time because they don't realize they can bring anything back with them.

Once I realized this it was easy.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by Represent
When you guys first heard the riddle, how long did it take you to solve it? It only took me a minute to get when I was introduced to it, but I know quite a few people who needed a long time to get it/couldn't get it at all.

I cooked the chicken shot the fox and turned the corn into moonshine.
Didn't need the boat at all so I traded it for a bag of weed.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Actually never heard it before, but I'm guessing as it doesn't mention that they need to be intact that you let the chicken eat the corn, then the fox eat the chicken, then take the fox? If so, then about 10 seconds, if not, then I'm doing it wrong.
Quote by Jackal58
I cooked the chicken shot the fox and turned the corn into moonshine.
Didn't need the boat at all so I traded it for a bag of weed.

Based on this answer, I think the original question needs to be clarified into How long did it take you to solve it correctly.
Last edited by Never2Lowd at Aug 2, 2013,
Quote by Never2Lowd
Based on this answer, I think the original question needs to be clarified into How long did it take you to solve it correctly.

It took about 1 second to realize what I should do with a fox, chicken and corn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ziphoblat
Actually never heard it before, but I'm guessing as it doesn't mention that they need to be intact that you let the chicken eat the corn, then the fox eat the chicken, then take the fox? If so, then about 10 seconds, if not, then I'm doing it wrong.

But why would you give up two things that could make you profit for one thing that doesn't? What I never got about the riddle is why you needed to take the fox.
(side)

Chicken, Fox, Corn (A)

Chicken > B

B < A

Fox > B

Chicken (B) < A

So at this crucial half way point, here's how things are looking:

Chicken, Corn and man - A
Fox - B

Then

Corn > B

B < A

Chicken > B

I know, I'm a genius
Last edited by sam b at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by sam b
(side)

Chicken, Fox, Corn (A)

Chicken > B

B < A

Fox > B

Chicken (B) < A

So at this crucial half way point, here's how things are looking

Chicken, Corn and man - A
Fox - B

Then

Corn > B

B < A

Chicken > B

I know, I'm a genius

You didn't get a bag of weed and a chicken dinner.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew

Quote by Axelfox

Quote by Xiaoxi
Quote by Ziphoblat

But honestly it's so easy:
move chicken
go back empty
move fox
take back chicken
leave chicken, take corn
go back empty
move chicken again
???
Profit!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
Quote by Jackal58
You didn't get a bag of weed and a chicken dinner.

I did, I just didnt post part C of my answer

I also got a load of beer
The first time I hear the riddle it was with a wolf, a sheep and a cabbage.

I was about 8 at the time and solved it in around 10 minutes, but I kept wondering: Won't the chicken and the fox just run away? If they can't, that means they're tied down. If I can tie them down so they don't run away, can't I just tie them down so they can't eat each other?
Quote by CoreysMonster
If I can tie them down so they don't run away, can't I just tie them down so they can't eat each other?

Tie the fox down and the chicken will eat the corn, tie the corn down and the fox will eat the chicken..

Tie the chicken down and the corn will wun away
Quote by Hephistopheles
I forgot what I was doing, got in the boat, and fapped.

to the sheep, fox, or the corn???
People don't really go to heaven when they die. They're taken to a special place and burned - Sherlock Holmes

Your authority is not recognized in Fort Kickass!

It's not like bullshit, more like poetry.
So, your watchful eye would prevent the fox from eating the chicken? I don't think so.

As for the "corn inside the chicken inside the fox" version... it doesn't work, because the chicken is too busy running away from the fox to eat the corn.
Quote by -Mantra-
So, your watchful eye would prevent the fox from eating the chicken? I don't think so.

As for the "corn inside the chicken inside the fox" version... it doesn't work, because the chicken is too busy running away from the fox to eat the corn.
Pick up the fox and let the chicken eat. Then sick the fox on him.
Quote by UntilISleep
You have excellent taste in literature, dear sir

Quote by Primus2112
You have excellent taste in video games, good sir.

Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
You have terrible taste in signatures, idiotic sir.

kkoo
This is a pretty easy version. There's another one with a police officer, thief, man, woman, little girl and little boy. Maybe something else. A dog? The rules are:

The rowboat has space for two. The children and dog can only cross the river with an adult.

You can't leave the man alone with the little girl, or the woman alone with the little boy.

The children can't be left alone with the dog? I think it was a dog. Maybe something more wild.

You can't leave the thief alone with the regular people. The police officer has to be with him if there are other people present.

Dog can't cross alone?

That's all I remember.

AH, I found a link:

http://www.noob.us/games/free-flash-game-of-the-day-river-iq-test/

Pretty different from what I was saying.
Last edited by RedDeath9 at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by )v(egaFan90
to the sheep, fox, or the corn???

Well, the chicken ate the corn and the fox at the chicken. Then Axelfox took the fox. So the boat?
Quote by RedDeath9
This is a pretty easy version. There's another one with a police officer, thief, man, woman, little girl and little boy. Maybe something else. A dog? The rules are:

The rowboat has space for two. The children and dog can only cross the river with an adult.

You can't leave the man alone with the little girl, or the woman alone with the little boy.

The children can't be left alone with the dog? I think it was a dog. Maybe something more wild.

You can't leave the thief alone with the regular people. The police officer has to be with him if there are other people present.

Dog can't cross alone?

That's all I remember.

AH, I found a link:

you made quite an impressive mistake there.
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by Never2Lowd

That's clearly the best answer.
~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Quote by RedDeath9

Dog can't cross alone?

That's all I remember.

AH, I found a link:

How the **** do you do this?
pinga
it starts with the cop and criminal and ends with the cop and criminal. there are about 10-15 steps in between. it's not that hard

this chinese game is really retarded tho.. leave son with mother and mother slams him in the face, leave father with daughter and he slams her in the face... them chinese are ****ed up
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
The real question is: Why would you take the fox, when you could teach it to swim?
you're a stone fox
Quote by Cb4rabid
How the **** do you do this?

Take thief + police man
police back
police and boy go over
polic and thief go back
father and boy go over
father goes back
father and mother go over
mother goes back
police and thief go over
father goes back
mother and father go over
mother goes back
mother and girl go over
police and thief go back
police and girl go over
police goes back
police and thief go over.
R/DedIT
The Glitch Mob

Arkasia

Tool

Quote by madbasslover
I'd pay four bucks to have those 6 balls stuffed in my mouth.