I have submitted a tab for "Journey of the Sorcerer" several weeks ago. I was told I would receive word on its approval within 48 hours of its submission, but I have heard nothing.

In my "Total Contributions" section, there are no numbers for "Approved" or "Rejected" tabs under the day or week column. I have a single rejected tab in my total column, but I believe this is from a poor tab that I submitted several years ago. There is a number "3" in the Total Approved column, though my Submitted Tabs only show two.

In the "Contributions for the last month" section of this page, my "Journey of the Sorcerer" tab is listed and is clickable. For the past few weeks the "Status Indicator" had a "W" beneath it....but because there is no guide available, I have no clue what this means. When I clicked the tab, I was brought to my tab in perfect form, exactly as I submitted it.

But now, there is a "D" beneath the status indicator, and when I click on the link for the tab, I am brought to a completely scrambled version of my original tab. It appears to have been completely ruined by your system.

If UG will not post this tab, I wish to distribute it myself through various media. I have this right because it is MY tab which I wrote. However, I can't do this now because UG has carelessly ruined my submission, and I have no other copies of the original tab I submitted.

I will not stand for this, I posted my interpretation of this song for the benefit of the community, and I have not received any word on its status from this website, as promised, and especially not "within 48 hours". I did not copy this tab or plagiarize this tab from any book: the interpretation was derived entirely by ear, and if it matches any tabbed version in any book that is simply not my fault.

If UG refuses to post my tab, I want my original tab back, in its original form. This is my tab which I wrote, it is my intellectual property and you have no right to alter my original submission in any way, which your computer system clearly did.
A) Wrong forum

B) Cry moar

C) You're an idiot
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Oh! My bad brosef! I didn't realize that the "Tab Talk" forum wasn't the forum for tab talk. Maybe I'll take my Tab Talk to the Gear forum, since that's clearly where it belongs.
You guys really could be "moar" helpful, by like actually addressing the question in the title (shocker!), instead of acting like you're God's Gift to the Internet, who knows all and anticipates all. I did not expect this website to ruin my file, the tab I submitted was uniquely tailored for this site. I can easily retab this, but what I want is the version I submitted to this website, which had both tablature and copy.
Quote by JBender23
Oh! My bad brosef! I didn't realize that the "Tab Talk" forum wasn't the forum for tab talk. Maybe I'll take my Tab Talk to the Gear forum, since that's clearly where it belongs.

Oh he mad.

Quote by JBender23
You guys really could be "moar" helpful, by like actually addressing the question in the title (shocker!), instead of acting like you're God's Gift to the Internet, who knows all and anticipates all. I did not expect this website to ruin my file, the tab I submitted was uniquely tailored for this site. I can easily retab this, but what I want is the version I submitted to this website, which had both tablature and copy.

Best rage I've ever read.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Last edited by Reisgar42 at Jan 13, 2012,
OR maybe you should calm down before you post on this forum. Coming in here with you making demands all over the place like an angry toddler doesn't make anyone inclined to help you. We're a community, not a service desk.

Quote by JBender23

That's fine, it's actually the bit at the bottom titled "UG CONTRIBUTIONS" but we can let you off this once.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47

See the thread at the top, called WTF is my tab!?. That's the place to ask

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Last edited by ChemicalFire at Jan 13, 2012,
Bah! I guess I can chock this one down to Internet Stupidity from the worst, most unhelpful community on the net. Thanks guys. You have the best wwebsite as on the internet.

I'm not mad, I'm serious. I'm sorry if you can't take anything seriously, but when it comes to something I wrote, I do. UG has all sorts of rules and stipulations regarding plagiarism, SOPA, all that crap. If the website requires me to obey Creative Commons rules, than the website itself had better obey these rules as well. Altering my original writing goes directly against these rules. They have no right to alter something I own. When you write a tab, you own it, that's why your name is at the top, and that's why it is illegal to copy a tab from a book, because you're claiming that tab is your own.

But this wouldn't have been necessary at all if that little "status" indicator said more than just a single letter with no key or guide to what the hell those letters mean. I'm so concerned because my tab was fine until this "D" appeared next to it, and then it became scrambled. Clearly the indicator is trying to tell me something, but I have no clue what, and to find out I have to go request help from a community which consistently insults me. I haven't had a single post on this website that wasn't met with massive amounts of trolling and insults. Yeah, **** that.
Last edited by JBender23 at Jan 13, 2012,
We'll like to think we try

And to seriously answer question, it's not like UG steals the tab. If you didn't make a back up that's not really our fault. You don't really have any rights to the tab after you upload it, it's not like UG sells them and their in breach of some contract. (though I assume if you email the right people you could RESPECTFULLY ask your tab to be removed from the site and they'd do it)

And that "scrambled version" could be many things, it's been a while since I uploaded a tab but I don't think it'll be formatted like that by the system. There are REAL people who check these tabs before letting them pass onto the system.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
We'll like to think we try

And to seriously answer question, it's not like UG steals the tab. If you didn't make a back up that's not really our fault. You don't really have any rights to the tab after you upload it, it's not like UG sells them and their in breach of some contract. (though I assume if you email the right people you could RESPECTFULLY ask your tab to be removed from the site and they'd do it)

And that "scrambled version" could be many things, it's been a while since I uploaded a tab but I don't think it'll be formatted like that by the system. There are REAL people who check these tabs before letting them pass onto the system.

This post was more helpful than anything I've EVER gotten from this community, thanks a million for that. I know that tabs are approved by people before entering the system, but I believe that the scrambling occured after the fact, by the system itself. Actually, in truth, I'm really not sure what's wrong. Before the "D" appeared, when I clicked the link I was taken to an actual web page where my tab existed in its original form. Now when I click the link I am prompted to download a .txt file which opens from WITHIN my computer. This says to me that the tab doesn't exist in its original form any more, and only in this scrambled .txt form.

I'm very confused by this, I never had anything like this happen with any other tab I submitted. All others were approved within the promised 48 hours, and I never even saw this "Status" section.

The reason I'm so upset is that I really wanted to be able to provide this tab as a supplemental to the Youtube tutorial which I just uploaded, but I can't with the tab in it's current condition.

I have attempted to unscramble the file, but it is beyond saving. I do not see how this file could become so badly corrupted:

Journey of the Sorcerer Written by: The Eagles Tabbed by: Jason Bender (jbender23) This is my Guitar-arrangement interpretation of the song "Journey of the Sorcerer" by the Eagles. I can in no way ensure that this tab is correct, but I believe it to be the most accurate tabbed version of this song on Ultimate Guitar. When playing this song, it is important to remember that it was originally performed on banjo, and so it is impossible to replicate the exact notes. The song is played in standard tuning, with a capo on the 3rd fret. If you are unfamiliar with capo tablature, the frets indicated for each string are the number of frets above the capo. Basically it's a regular tab, but the "0" position is the capoed fret. The majority of the song centers around this progression: Gtr I |-0------0------(0)------(0)----| |-1------1-------1--------1-----| |-2------0-------2--------2-----| |-2------2-------4--------3-----| |-0------0-------0--------0-----| |-------------------------------| Here is the main melody and progression combined. You'll have to play around with it to get just the right sound. Occasionally throw in a G (actually an A# with the capo, third fret) on the low E string. Listen to the original to get the feel and strum pattern down. |-0---------------0--------------(0)--------------(0)----| |-1---3--1--------1--3--1---------1---3--1---------1-----| |-2---------4--2--0--------4--2---2---------4--2---2-----| |-2---------------2---------------4----------------3-----| |-0---------------0---------------0----------------------| |--------------------------------------------------------| |-----------0--------0----| |-3p=1---------3--1--1----| |-------2------------2----| |--------------------2----| |--------------------0----| |-------------------------| Repeat this as many times as you want, play around with it, jam to it. When you're ready, these two chords will bring you into the chorus (again, listen to the recording) |-0---0----| |-1---0----| |-0---1----| |-2---2----| |-3---2----| |-----0----| Or you can play it like this, to get the exact harmonic interval. I prefer it this way. Q Q |-0--------| |-1---9----| |-0---9----| |-2---9----| |-3---7----| |----------| Then you're ready for the chorus. Really let loose and put some power behind it, this is what this whole song is about right here! |-3--2--------------0-| |-3--3--------------1-| |-0--2--------------2-| |-0--0--0-----------2-| |-2--------3--2--0--0-| |-3-------------------| |-3--2-----------0-------| |-3--3-----------1-------| |-0--2-----------2-------| |-0--0-----------2-------| |-2-----3--2--0--0--0----| |-3----------------------| |-3--2--------------0-| |-3--3--------------1-| |-0--2--------------2-| |-0--0--0-----------2-| |-2--------3--2--0--0-| |-3-------------------| |--0--2--------0----| |--1--3--------1----| |--0--2--------2----| |--2--0--------2----| |--3-----3--2--0----| |-------------------| Repeat that twice, then end it on that Am-shaped C Minor, going back into the verse. That's all there is to it! May there never again be a guitar player who wants to learn this song but can't! Duration Legend --------------- W - whole; H - half; Q - quarter; E - 8th; S - 16th; T - 32nd; X - 64th; a - acciaccatura + - note tied to previous; . - note dotted; .. - note double dotted Uncapitalized letters represent notes that are staccato (1/2 duration) Irregular groupings are notated above the duration line Duration letters will always appear directly above the note/fret number it represents the duration for. Duration letters with no fret number below them represent rests. Multi- bar rests are notated in the form Wxn, where n is the number of bars to rest for. Low melody durations appear below the staff Tablature Legend ---------------- h - hammer-on p - pull-off b - bend pb - pre-bend r - bend release (if no number after the r, then release immediately) /\ - slide into or out of (from/to "nowhere") s - legato slide S - shift slide - natural harmonic [n] - artificial harmonic n(n) - tapped harmonic ~ - vibrato tr - trill T - tap TP - trem. picking PM - palm muting \n/ - tremolo bar dip; n = amount to dip \n - tremolo bar down n/ - tremolo bar up /n\ - tremolo bar inverted dip = - hold bend; also acts as connecting device for hammers/pulls <> - volume swell (louder/softer) x - on rhythm slash represents muted slash o - on rhythm slash represents single note slash Misc Legend ----------- | - bar || - double bar ||o - repeat start o|| - repeat end *| - double bar (ending) : - bar (freetime) $ - Segno & - Coda Tempo markers - = BPM(8/16=s8/s16), where s8 = swing 8ths, s16 = swing 16ths

As you can see, some of the "string lines" are now distributed throughout the large block of copy, in completely random order which relates in no way to the original version. I attempted to insert line breaks hoping this would fix the problem, but now some of the lines of tablature aren't even the same length now, and don't match up at all vertically. How could this happen?
Last edited by JBender23 at Jan 13, 2012,
It looks like they've removed all the line breaks. This wont occur in it's final form.

Quote by JBender23
This post was more helpful than anything I've EVER gotten from this community, thanks a million for that.

If you're normal way of asking for aid is anything like your OP then, honestly, I'm not surprised.

Quote by DisarmGoliath