yes
19 48%
no
21 53%
Voters: 40.
Page 1 of 2
simple question, who of you think that line 6 is a seriously good
amp and efx modeler .
simple question, why didnt u make a poll if u wanted a poll?

and whats the purpose of your thread? were you considering their products?
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Wait till namm.
Guitars: Fender FSR Standard Strat, Squire Affinity Strat, Epiphone Nighthawk
Amps: Vox AC15C1, Roland Cube 15x, Peavey KB-1
Pedals: Digitech RP355, HD500, Joyo AC-Tone, EHX Soul Food
Quote by EspTro
simple question, why didnt u make a poll if u wanted a poll?

and whats the purpose of your thread? were you considering their products?

just wondering how many in the forum takes there products seriously .

i know alot may have there product but would no suggest
them out side of just playing around with at home .
I've only have had a muck around on the Delay DD4? And the only good thing was the double looper apart from that it seemed just like any other digital delay.

Call me old fashion, but any analog effect kicks it's digital correspondent past planet X.
I dno man. I'll admit, I do own a line six combo amp. But they seem kinda like a joke. If I was a serious guitarist (I play bass), I would get a new amp asap.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
They're good for rough stuff and demoing. But I'd never use them live or in studio. Unless it's some of the upper tier stuff which I hear good things about.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
What is this I don't even.

You can't just ask a general question about an entire brand. It doesn't work that way. Every brand makes good products, and cheap products.

Line 6 makes the Spider, but they also make the POD HD and the DT. So how is your question even supposed to be answered?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
How can you vote no? Sure, the Spider is just a joke, entry-level amp, but the XT and Vetta lines are pretty good at worst and the series gets exponentially better from there.

I tried an HD Pro today and thought it compared favourably to my AxeFX.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Quote by bubb_tubbs

I tried an HD Pro today and thought it compared favourably to my AxeFX.

no offense Bubb tubbs but there is no way to compare the two
Ax is way out of line 6's league IMO of course .
Quote by notos

u saved ur ass a whole lot of flame with that "imo" xD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by notos

Have you considered a career in standup?

Written comedy is obviously out of the question unless you can afford an editor.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
this poll is surprisingly even usually it favors one or the other by big percentages
before i voted i thought most would be in favor of line 6 .
The DL4 has been the standard in full featured floor delays for over 10 years. They make some really nice stuff. The latest HD series modelers are really ****ing nice, especially when you consider how cheap they are. Awesome if you just want to do some quick and easy home recording that sounds somewhat professional.

As for the HD to Axe comparisons, the HDs I've played and the AxeFX's I've heard are pretty much on par. The Axe is supposed to feel more realistic but I haven't actually played one, just heard them at gigs. The Axe II is supposed to be in a whole other league though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
TBH i don't take much of there stuff seriously i see them in a store
and honestly pass them by this is the low end stuff like the pod
and low level amps i don't even consider don't ask me why i couldn't
tell you .

but the HD i wouldn't mind trying but if i had $600 i would probably just buy a used
eleven rack .

good poll though interesting .
^ the HD Pro I tried out was $300 used with carry case. Hard to argue with that price so I bought it for a friend.

I've never understood all the spider hatred on this site. they sound alright to me and i know alot of people who use them live and they sound pretty good. to each his own i guess.
:
"Stop shooting me!!!GAHHHH!!!"
<(0_0<(>0_0)> FU
^(0_0)^^(0_0)^ Sion
(>0_0)><(0_0< HA!!!
<(*~*)>
Quote by sonny bb
I've never understood all the spider hatred on this site. they sound alright to me and i know alot of people who use them live and they sound pretty good. to each his own i guess.

The longer I owned one, the more it felt like a toy than a real amp. The amp did lots of things, but never mastered any of them.
Quote by sonny bb

A good player can get away with a Behringer at a gig. That doesn't make them a good amp and it doesn't mean that he won't sound a lot better on a good amp. When you hear them play both and have something to compare it to then you can make a judgement, until then you have nothing useful to say.

Some Line6 stuff is very good and some is pretty crap. The same can be said about just about every manufacturer in the world. Useless poll is useless.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
well i kind of agree with the eleven rack comment pod's HD rack is there
top of the line at $700 you can get the 11r for the same price
srry to say i think that Avids 11r would out perform .

who could afford Ax-Fx anyway anybody with a spare 2k that thing is crazy expensive then to play live you need fr fr cabs and additional equip even more $.
To play live all you need is the AxeFX. It can go straight into the PA. The other stuff is if you want more control over your monitoring when playing live or when you play at home or somewhere without a PA. Personally, I don't think the price is too bad for what you get. I've certainly paid more for stuff that doesn't do as much. Though it could be argued it does a few things better.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by torkman
well i kind of agree with the eleven rack comment pod's HD rack is there
top of the line at $700 you can get the 11r for the same price
srry to say i think that Avids 11r would out perform .

who could afford Ax-Fx anyway anybody with a spare 2k that thing is crazy expensive then to play live you need fr fr cabs and additional equip even more $.

I bought an Ultra II Sunday night on a whim.

Edit: Besides, who buys new gear?

Last edited by bubb_tubbs at Jan 14, 2012,
Quote by bubb_tubbs

Me.. :c
Quote by bubb_tubbs

I'm buying an Axe II new. Only cause they're going for ridic prices used though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Yeah, that's only because of waitlist syndrome though.

Also, that should just read Ultra, not Ultra II. Too much beer and not enough sleep.

Heretics!!! The tube amp gods won't let this go unpunished. You have been warned!
Repent now, the end is nigh.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Whatcha gonna do, old man? Keep our boomerangs that fell in your yard?

Quote by Cathbard
Heretics!!! The tube amp gods won't let this go unpunished. You have been warned!

I'm only selling the OD-100 to fund it. Still gonna have mah Diezel, the CECs, Thunderverb, Flexi and Princeton I'm probably gonna wind up using it as an FX processor over a modeler anyways.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Whatcha gonna do, old man? Keep our boomerangs that fell in your yard?

There is a box of Taipans and Tiger Snakes on its way to your house as we speak.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by sonny bb

Line 6 also makes tube amps as well.

Of course i think part of the hate is due to Line 6 hater bandwagon syndrome,because i think one person writes about hating Line 6 and other people start following. Probably just to fit in or because of peer pressure. I know,i faced it when i was in school back around 97,that people picked on me and no one stood up for me,which i think was mostly because of peer pressure.
Quote by Axelfox
Line 6 also makes tube amps as well.

Of course i think part of the hate is due to Line 6 hater bandwagon syndrome,because i think one person writes about hating Line 6 and other people start following. Probably just to fit in or because of peer pressure. I know,i faced it when i was in school back around 97,that people picked on me and no one stood up for me,which i think was mostly because of peer pressure.

Or they are just crap. Not everybody is a pussy that follows the crowd you know?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by bubb_tubbs

what was it about 1k ? see there couple more hundred you have the best .

Quote by mmolteratx
I'm buying an Axe II new. Only cause they're going for ridic prices used though.

blaaa rich people

Quote by Cathbard

still have my amp to poor
Quote by Cathbard
Or they are just crap. Not everybody is a pussy that follows the crowd you know?

Have you tried one for more than 5 mins?

I have a tube amp by them.
Last edited by Axelfox at Jan 14, 2012,
The Tone Port and Pod farm software is good. I have used it for a while now. I prefer anlog pedals and tube amp tone much better but its great for practice and trying out new things. Also great for recording quick without having to do alot of set up. The amps I havent always cared for as much. never cared much for the tone.
Quote by Axelfox
Have you tried one?

Owned a Spider IV for a year. What a piece of crap.

Putting tubes in a Spider doesn't redeem it.
Page 1 of 2