Ok so I'm kinda new to the electric guitar but I really want to get into it. My price range is anywhere below $300. Right now, I'm trying to decide between a ESP LTD EC-100QM and a Squier Fat Stratocaster. At Guitarcenter they're both under $300. Which one of these would be a better choice? I'm leaning more towards the Fat Strat because I like the sound better.
If neither of these would be good, please list a possible choice. Also, what amp should I get?
Wrong section, im sure But still. EDIT: Ninja'd
If you like the Squier better, get that. It's completely personal taste. And if your budget of $300 is for both amp AND guitar, i'd look at the GC's used section. I saw a cute lil' amp there the other day for $30.

If not, anything under about $150 is good for beginner amps, IMO.
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
I would say the strat, IMO. I will admit, I love my Fenders, so I'm a little biassed. But I think they are a little more versatile for a new guitarist.
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison
If you've played a guitar you like, go with it. It doesn't matter what people on the internet tell you is the best thing to buy; only your hands and your ears can really tell you what is best for you. You like the Squier? Buy the Squier.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
If you've played a guitar you like, go with it. It doesn't matter what people on the internet tell you is the best thing to buy; only your hands and your ears can really tell you what is best for you. You like the Squier? Buy the Squier.

That's just it, I don't really know how to play guitar. I used to fiddle around on my old hand-me-down accoustic but that's nothing really
I'm another one saying you should go with the Squier. I played one up until the day I dropped the big bucks on an American strat. And I STILL don't wanna sell it.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Quote by ShredAndTear
Damn dude, this sounds wicked. Looks rad too. Thanks for showing me, I'm probably going to get this now!

The Rg321 is a great choice.
Even if you cant find one to play in a store you can pickup just about any other non-prestige rg to get the feel for the wizard 2 neck and hear the Infs.