So I'm on facebook and someone I don't know sends me a friend request. I accepted it to see if they're a friend of a friend or whatever... just because. They had their info all hidden till I accepted it. I accept it and it looks like they're from argentina. I asked them who they were and this is what ensued:

Me: Sooooo.... who are you?

Them: Disculpa que decís

Me: oh jeez... uhhh... habla englais? my spanish sucks... is that even spanish?

Them: No englais my argentine

Me: ¿Por qué envió usted una petición de amigo? (I went to some free translator site and typed in "why did you send friend request")

Them: No lo se

Anyone know what the hell we're talking about? I don't even know if it's spanish or portuguese or what... anyone help?
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Tacos. Definitely tacos.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Defriend. Problem solved.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
I think they said they wouldn't tell you who they were, then they said they don't speak English, they're Argentinian, then they did not understand what you put in your translation attempt.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
I'd defriend but Im bored and this is kinda interesting.

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick

Them: Sexually aroused

Them: No English, just sexy talk

Me: ¿Por qué envió usted una petición de amigo? (I went to some free translator site and typed in "why did you send friend request")

Them: I dont like Elephants.

PSN ID: ArranP
¿Por qué, negro?

Ask him that and get an 8 match ban.

"Meet Javier and I behind the gas station for the stuff tonight"

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
So I'm on facebook and someone I don't know sends me a friend request. I accepted it to see if they're a friend of a friend or whatever... just because. They had their info all hidden till I accepted it. I accept it and it looks like they're from argentina. I asked them who they were and this is what ensued:

Them: Disculpa que decís (Forgive me, what do you say?)

Them: No englais my argentine (No english, me argentine)

Them: No lo se (I don't know)

Anyone know what the hell we're talking about? I don't even know if it's spanish or portuguese or what... anyone help?

More or less what was said

Edit: Although I do believe apmaman's translation is more true
Isn't my sig awesome?
Last edited by guitarist64 at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by guitarist64
More or less what was said

Edit: Although I do believe apmaman's translation is more true

thanks... could you tell me how to correctly say "how are you. why did you send me a friend request?"?

Quote by Bladez22
Me: ¿Cómo me encontró usted?

Me: mi español es terrible. utilizando a traductor de Internet

Them: Sí lo se porque nosotros no usamos tanto el usted no lo uses tanto

???

Quote by Bladez22
"Yes it is because we do not use both so you do not use"

Yes, your spanish is terrible because we do not use the same Spanish as in Spain
I assume that's what he means to say.

Quote by Trowzaa
"Yes it is because we do not use both so you do not use"

Yes, your spanish is terrible because we do not use the same Spanish as in Spain
I assume that's what he means to say.

thats what I was thinking. I've been using the "English to Spanish(Latin America)" thing, but still it's a ****ing longshot that it's even going to make sense.

Quote by Bladez22
Aye, I assume that Mexico, Uruguay and Argentinia use different spanish than each other anyway so it's not gonna be accurate. You can probably get the general idea of what he's saying by translating it though.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Them: Disculpa que decís

Them: No lo se

Everybody so far is trolling the shit outta ya.

1st line: Do you want to buy a laptop?

2nd line: I dont speak english, im from Argentina.

3rd line: I dont understand.

Your welcome.
Quote by Saint78
That's forever imprinted in my brain in Dwight's voice. Seriously.

Voted UG's best threadstarter 2014.
all I really wanna know is how some random person in Argentina finds a random person in Maine and decides to befriend them, even though their profile is in a language they don't speak at all.

Quote by Bladez22
I read the thread title as "Spanish Inquisition help" on first glance.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
all I really wanna know is how some random person in Argentina finds a random person in Maine and decides to befriend them, even though their profile is in a language they don't speak at all.

Happens with me all the time, middle easteners add me all the time.

Quote by BottleOfSmoke

He wants to sell you a laptop.
Quote by Saint78

I put something like "Language barrier is hard. How did you find me?" and they said:
No hay barrera para la amistad todo en la vida suma aunque de pura suerte aprobé inglés con un nueve

or:

There is not barrier for the friendship all in the life adds although of pure luck I approved English with a nine...

The 1st half sounds kinda nice in a "hands across the ocean" sort of way

Quote by Bladez22
Last edited by BottleOfSmoke at Jan 13, 2012,
He seemed to be having as hard of a time trying to understand your english as you are trying to understand his spanish ! This is going to be a communication mess of fun!

Pretty much what guitarist64 said for the first part. As for the second bit, I think he was more trying to say your Spanish is terrible because you dont use both english and spanish. You know? You dont use Spanish a lot. Could be wrong. But hes not being very specific..about anything.
YELLOWFRIZBEE s FreezerBurn

Stepco's Master
|Colowomble 2016|PSN=yellowfrizbee| + UG Community Radio|
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Them: Sí lo se porque nosotros no usamos tanto el usted no lo uses tanto

???

Them: Your name is particularity notorious where I am from. But it is no use it seems. (rough translation)

So this begs the question TS, what makes your name so notorious?
Quote by Saint78

Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Them: Sí lo se porque nosotros no usamos tanto el usted no lo uses tanto (Yes it is because we don't use the term "Usted" much. Don't use it so much)

???

Usted is the formal way of saying you. Mostly used for like authority figures and such

Quote by Dwight.Schrute
He wants to sell you a laptop.

Isn't my sig awesome?
Last edited by guitarist64 at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by BottleOfSmoke

Them: Disculpa que decís (Basically, a huge "wat")

Them: No lo se (I don't know)

There you go.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
update us with more conversation fails, I laughed quite a bit with the OP

Also, good luck with trying to understand the way every spanish country speaks, for example, here we do not use "usted" but instead we use "tu", but in colombia saying "usted" is basically the norm.

If you need help with translating anything else.. just post it and I'll try to help... instead of doing the 3 page essay I should be doing
Quote by Dwight.Schrute
Them: Your name is particularity notorious where I am from. But it is no use it seems. (rough translation)

So this begs the question TS, what makes your name so notorious?

Quote by Bladez22
I said "you seem like a nice person" (through the translator) but haven't gotten a reply yet

Quote by Bladez22
by the way, their name is "sabrina" and it says "sabrina commented on her wall post, but all their pics are just weird pictures of the simpsons and the jonas brothers. but the "pictures of" section has like 10 pics of a latin looking teenage dude leaning against a brick wall

Quote by Bladez22
Quote by BottleOfSmoke
by the way, their name is "sabrina" and it says "sabrina commented on her wall post, but all their pics are just weird pictures of the simpsons and the jonas brothers. but the "pictures of" section has like 10 pics of a latin looking teenage dude leaning against a brick wall

Seems like a fake or alt. account to meet new people... posibly, or she/he is just gathering your info so she/he can kill you later.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Seems like a fake or alt. account to meet new people... posibly, or she/he is just gathering your info so she/he can kill you later.

he/she is welcome to try. their wall is full of posts, and they have 146 friends...

Quote by Bladez22
Maybe they're a hermaphrodite. You're so insensitive, TS!
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
How was anything I said insensitive to hermies? Surely they understand and deal with the confusion on a near daily basis.

Quote by Bladez22