Page 1 of 2
Just got this in the mail, came from asia somewhere. The ad said Fender, but it says something else on the headstock. Does anyone know where to buy fender decals to fix this? Or should i just sand out some of it so it looks more like "fender"?

Here's a photo:

mojostompboxes.com
Wait so you paid for something you thought was a Fender and then received something else? And you're worried about merely changing the headstock?
I see what you did there.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I've never heard of this company. Sounds mexican. Break it open and see if there's candy inside. What? Too racist?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
LOL, Is it a nice guitar? If so who cares, keep it as a fender rip off.
Trying to make a fake guitar MORE like a rip off by trying the logo just makes you a douche.
Wait so you paid for something you thought was a Fender and then received something else? And you're worried about merely changing the headstock?

LOL, Is it a nice guitar? If so who cares, keep it as a fender rip off.
Trying to make a fake guitar MORE like a rip off by trying the logo just makes you a douche.

Either you guys are missing his sarcasm, or I'm missing yours.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Either you guys are missing his sarcasm, or I'm missing yours.
Hint: some people on the internet are dumb.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Nice.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
That's a Fernandes, pretty well known company. I'm not familiar with them so I can't tell you if it's a decent company or what.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by OldRocker
That's a Fernandes, pretty well known company. I'm not familiar with them so I can't tell you if it's a decent company or what.

That went right over your head huh?
Gear:
Shecter Omen 6 with Seymour Duncan SH-6
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Frontman 25r (crappy)
MXR CAE WAH
Digitech HardWire TL-2 Metal Distortion (Makes the amp sound not shitty)
its a fernandes ... do you know if its old . ?? just they used to make very good fender copies in the 80's /90's as i recall .

this one could be a "lawsuit" model cause they stopped making them

Billie Joe "blue" guitar ( his most famous guitar .. is a fernandes strat . ) the headstock is exactly like a Fender strat ( hence the "lawsuit" )

do some more search fernandes have make great guitar .. like tokai etc..
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
HNGD

looks nice
Ibanez RG1550 Prestige
Schecter C1 Hellraiser
MIJ Ibanez Pro-line 1550
Takamine eg340c
Peavey 6505+ 112 combo
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS- 9
ISP Decimator
MXR M234 Analog Chorus
DeltaLab Digital Delay
Planet Waves Tuner Pedal
POD HD300
Quote by Skysc
its a fernandes ... do you know if its old . ?? just they used to make very good fender copies in the 80's /90's as i recall .

this one could be a "lawsuit" model cause they stopped making them

Billie Joe "blue" guitar ( his most famous guitar .. is a fernandes strat . ) the headstock is exactly like a Fender strat ( hence the "lawsuit" )

do some more search fernandes have make great guitar .. like tokai etc..

what is lawsuit?
mojostompboxes.com
Quote by greeny23
what is lawsuit?

Guitars that are exact copies of well known brands made by well known companies. Ibanez used to make loads of lawsuit Rics.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Lovely guitar. I hardly see them these days. Enjoy!
Various Strats
PRS SC245 (2007)
Fessenden SD-10 pedal steel
Koch Studiotone XL
Mesa Boogie Express 5:25+
1958 National lap steel
Eastman El Rey 1
Quote by greeny23
does that make my other ones "lawsuit" too?

Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
So you have all those yet THIS one gives you an issue?
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Lawsuit fernandes were often said to be Just as good as Gibsons and Fenders in quality... its a japanese company and the guy that was behind the builds was a Master Luthier... they say he was one of the best in his day ... that was the 60's and 70's i believe ... but of course this is all just opinions that i've read in articles and such over the years (i own a fernandes)
Originally posted by adVENTURA
if your in a punk band just do like Lars and Tim in rancid and scream like you got marbles in your mouth.

Check out my Music Here
http://reviews.ebay.com/Date-Fernandes-Guitars-by-Headstock-Shape-amp-Logo-Design?ugid=10000000004209844

The headstock you have is kinda weird . it would be the 70's Fernandes logo .. But your is way to recent to be an orgiinal 70's fernandes .. Fernandes were copy of fender . who would copy a copy ??

i guess thats what happen for your guitar .. took the old fernandes logo to boost the price knowing they were good fender copy back in the days .

they got a lawsuit and switch the headstock shape .

Fernandes was a good company .. so maybe someone built a fake fernandes selling it as the "best fender copy available "

it would bring less suspicion .

a fake TOKAI disguise as the best Gibson imitation out there would probably fool someone easier than " a real Gibson form china for 300 $ .

So my guess is you have a fake fernandes . ive been around sinc ethe 90's and saw many fernandes but that wasnt fernandes logo . this is the old 70's fernandes logo , the first fender copy they made with the fender shape headstock and F logo the same as the Fender spaghetti logo from the 70's

so tell us ... did you bought it brand new ??.. if yes .. then its a fake . does the guitar , feel , look "OLD form the 70's " if not its a fake fernandes .

a fake TOKAI would be worth something .. so i imagine a china manufacturer making fake . cause these copies were so good that they have their value nowadays .
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Jan 14, 2012,
Did you just post this on Strat-talk? LOL I just saw this thread there.
I like the "kill it with fire" and Mexican/candy comments. LULZ!
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Lawsuits are what business professionals wear to work. What they're saying is that you need to dress fancy if you're going to play this guitar because it's so special. If you don't, you'll get fined by the Federal Clothing Commission, which has expanded from the US to cover all nations. Be careful out there.
I am a fake mountain.
Quote by Skysc
http://reviews.ebay.com/Date-Fernandes-Guitars-by-Headstock-Shape-amp-Logo-Design?ugid=10000000004209844

The headstock you have is kinda weird . it would be the 70's Fernandes logo .. But your is way to recent to be an orgiinal 70's fernandes .. Fernandes were copy of fender . who would copy a copy ??

i guess thats what happen for your guitar .. took the old fernandes logo to boost the price knowing they were good fender copy back in the days .

they got a lawsuit and switch the headstock shape .

Fernandes was a good company .. so maybe someone built a fake fernandes selling it as the "best fender copy available "

it would bring less suspicion .

a fake TOKAI disguise as the best Gibson imitation out there would probably fool someone easier than " a real Gibson form china for 300 $ .

So my guess is you have a fake fernandes . ive been around sinc ethe 90's and saw many fernandes but that wasnt fernandes logo . this is the old 70's fernandes logo , the first fender copy they made with the fender shape headstock and F logo the same as the Fender spaghetti logo from the 70's

so tell us ... did you bought it brand new ??.. if yes .. then its a fake . does the guitar , feel , look "OLD form the 70's " if not its a fake fernandes .

a fake TOKAI would be worth something .. so i imagine a china manufacturer making fake . cause these copies were so good that they have their value nowadays .

wtf dude? i dont get it. can u explain a bit more?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
^ great pic

@ greeny23: HNGD!!
Schecter C-1 Custom
Ibanez Iceman ICT700
Ibanez Deluxe 59'er model
Peavey Vypyr 30
Boss SD-2 Dual Overdrive pedal
Great another one of Greeny's look at my cool new guitar's, but what is it thread. I guess you paid $3000 for it too.

HNGD
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Skysc

What in the world makes you think that it is "way too recent to be an original '70s"?
This is why I love EG. It has to be one of the largest single collection of retards on the Internet, second only to the Flat Earth Society.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
sweet

Quote by al112987
Did you just post this on Strat-talk? LOL I just saw this thread there.

do you have a link? i'm not on that forum
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

do you have a link? i'm not on that forum
lol no, I can't find the thread, I just remember browsing that forum and seeing this exact same NGD thread there. Or maybe it was another forum, I thought I was having a major case of deja vu.
Quote by al112987
lol no, I can't find the thread, I just remember browsing that forum and seeing this exact same NGD thread there. Or maybe it was another forum, I thought I was having a major case of deja vu.

no worries
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok, fail, I didn't see this on strat-talk, I saw it in the WTLT thread in GG+A.
U = dumkopf
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Page 1 of 2