hello, i've had a danelectro cool cat fuzz for a while and i think it's time to upgrade. does anyone have any recommendations for a similar fuzz?

i like the cool cat fuzz because it produces a very big sound. It has plenty of bottom end, midrange, and presence, and does well as a distortion pedal (especially when paired with my fulltone OCD).

what i don't like about it is that it almost has too much bottom end. It's a very woofy pedal, especially when I the tone knob to get a darker sound. All of the presence gets sucked out, and the bass increases exponentially. I know that is kind of the desired effect, but this pedal takes it to an extreme. i don't like to turn up the tone knob too much either, because my clean tone is already pretty bright. So high treble on amp, and lots of treble on my pedal = too much treble.

my budget is 150 USD, and I do not want a big muff. I've had one and I'd rather keep this pedal. Thanks for any suggestions.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
No Big Muff, but are you interested in variations on the Big Muff? You could look at a Blackout Effectors Musket for that.

Otherwise, it's Fuzz Faces and Vox Tonebenders, and their variations.

How crazy do you want your fuzz to get? For a crazy fuzz, you could check out Devi Ever's stuff, most of which is crazy fuzz. Or you could look at the Fuzzhugger Ab-synth.

For a non-crazy fuzz, there's the Analogman Sunface.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Raijouta
No Big Muff, but are you interested in variations on the Big Muff? You could look at a Blackout Effectors Musket for that.

Otherwise, it's Fuzz Faces and Vox Tonebenders, and their variations.

How crazy do you want your fuzz to get? For a crazy fuzz, you could check out Devi Ever's stuff, most of which is crazy fuzz. Or you could look at the Fuzzhugger Ab-synth.

For a non-crazy fuzz, there's the Analogman Sunface.

i want something pretty similar to what I have. I have an open mind though. I'll check out the ones you suggested, thanks.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Quote by psychokiller99
i want something pretty similar to what I have. I have an open mind though. I'll check out the ones you suggested, thanks.

...so why not just keep what you have, if you like what you have? I don't see any reason to upgrade in that case, just set it how you like it and twang away.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Quote by Raijouta
...so why not just keep what you have, if you like what you have? I don't see any reason to upgrade in that case, just set it how you like it and twang away.

yeah, i suppose you are right. I guess I just wanna try other pedals. the musket fuzz sounds really cool, and so does the sunface.

been wanting to try an MXR classic 108 way huge swollen pickle too.
Traynor YCV50 Blue
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
Swollen Pickle is amazing, you can get a ton of different fuzz sounds out of it. That would be my vote, but try one out for yourself.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
I've got a custom fuzz a friend did for me that you might be interested in. Think Muse/Jack White kinda stuff. Shoot me a PM if you're interested.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Quote by psychokiller99
yeah, i suppose you are right. I guess I just wanna try other pedals. the musket fuzz sounds really cool, and so does the sunface.

been wanting to try an MXR classic 108 way huge swollen pickle too.

Funny you say that, because the Musket and Swollen Pickle are both Muff-type fuzzes.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Earthquaker Devices Hoof Fuzz. It can get pretty woofy, but also pretty bright, and has a great middle ground.
Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a shit?

If you don't like the Big Muff, the Swollen Pickle is a great choice.

Also, there's a ton of Superfuzz clones out there. You can find a pre-assembled BYOC Leeds Fuzz kit for about $110. Black Cat Super Fuzz for about $200, maybe less.
Quote by Raijouta
Funny you say that, because the Musket and Swollen Pickle are both Muff-type fuzzes.

"Type" is the keyword here.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Fuzzhugger Algal Bloom? Very versatile, within your price range, all fuzzhugger stuff is great.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt