Page 1 of 2
For you, what are they?

Could be a big song that changed the way you think of music, or hear it, or make it, or in some other way altered it, maybe it made you realise more about the creative process or opened the door to being more open minded towards other genres or instruments and so on and so on.

This is the one for me that altered my perception of it, made me realise you don't need to know what you're doing in order to sound badass when doing it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XvP4q7_KW4A

others

Avalanche by Leonard Cohen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-oLmOm9vk0
Something about lyrics and the way they're done.

and everything on the 'morrison hotel' album by the doors
Last edited by Zoot Allures at Jan 13, 2012,
As cliche as it is, Creep or Paranoid Android by Radiohead.

EDIT: Also, CAFO by AaL
you're a stone fox
Last edited by Saint78 at Jan 13, 2012,
La Dispute
BTBAM
edit: ^yeah,Idioteque or Paranoid Android

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Stairway to Heaven by Led Zeppelin.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Oh dear god. My view of music has changed too damn many times.

Prove It by Television is one.
Stop If You Think That You've Heard This One Before by The Smiths
The End - The Doors

Are just a few I know made me realise loads about music.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
That Nick Cave vid cracks me up every time. What a load of garbage.
Check out my band Disturbed
Freak on a Leash by KoRn

First time I heard a rock band that I liked... I was like whooooa. Changed my life, then I guess it'd be Leeches by In Flames, first metal(core) song I listened to.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Minuano by Pat Metheny.
Welcome to the world of jazz.
Tetragrammaton by The Mars Volta.
The insanity that I had been looking for for years that psychedelia let me down on.
Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day.
Wouldn't be playing guitar.
Outside by Childish Gambino.
First rap I ever enjoyed, changing the way I write lyrics.

Among others...
Quote by denfilade
For a moment I thought velcro shoes were ones with the whole bottom made of velcro

She could walk up your pubes with those

Quote by kannon
this post has aids
Quote by NinjaSlayHuman
and 07'ers will always be well-respected members of UG society.
Quote by Zoot Allures
See title of post.

If I was jelly I could always give myself some brain damage and break all my fingers so I could play like that.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by bry0n

Outside by Childish Gambino.

Whenever I put that album on I skip that track

and Alaska by BtBaM.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Frantic Disembowelment by Cannibal Corpse. Not a giant Cannibal fan, but it made me realized extreme metal wasn't just noise.
The first movement of Schubert's Unfinished Symphony. Studied the score in detail last year, completely changed the way I think about music.
Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo
Alot of the classical music they used in Looney Toons were the first pieces of music I heard and liked, so they are pretty important.

A Charlie Brown Christmas soundtrack by Vince Guaraldi, got me into jazz when I had no idea what jazz was.

Black Sabbath by Black Sabbath and Saturday Night Special by Lynyrd Skynyrd, made me want to play guitar.

Blackwater Park by Opeth and Remembrance by Gojira, got me into death metal.

Stones From the Sky by Neurosis, got me into more experimental music.
In my heart I'm with you

every night

Pretty much got me more in to messing around with different time signatures and tunings. It got me really wanting to be in a band to have a chance of creating something even half as good as this.

Just noticed it said song because I'm blind apparently. The song Limo Wreck in particular .
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Jan 13, 2012,
"Seabeast" by Mastodon. I lead me into the world of metal
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
I don't know. I don't thing any single album/song/band flipped any switches for me. It was gradual changes over time. My tastes evolved as I discovered new bands and continues to this day.
--------------╯╰--------------
A SIGNATURE.
--------------╮╭--------------
Laid to Rest by Lamb of God
Ionizes and Atomizes by Modest Mouse
Selkies: The Endless Obsession by BTBAM
Tool
Sleep
Gojira
Puscifer
Neurosis
Sunn O)))
Meshuggah
Modest Mouse
Electric Wizard
Mammoth Grinder

Lucid Dreaming Thread
The End - The Doors
Of Wolf and Man - Metallica
The City - Dismemberment Plan
MGMT's entire Oracular Spectacular album.
and slightly OT, Modest Mouse's World At Large changed my perspective on life and gave me one of the best night's sleep I've ever had.
Never Meant by American Football. That song alone taught me what emo actually was, and from that, I learned what screamo actually was too. And that got me into post-rock, which eventually got me into trip-hop and dubstep and glitch. A lot of ambient stuff, too.

Sunrise and Sunset by Bright Eyes and Eight Letters by Paul Baribeau opened up the world of folk to me. That sent me in so many different directions musically.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Still Got the Blues by Gary Moore.

Came on the radio late one night when I couldn't sleep. I was about 14 and so impressed/moved by the song that I decided I'd learn the guitar.
The Adventure by Angels and Airwaves. Never heard anything like it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMl8cQjBfqk

Middle school was the worst time in my life. But I remember waking up early to watch music videos and sometimes that one would come on. When Tom Delonge sings "You Will be fine", I really do trust him.
Quote by bdylan61
Made me play guitar
How Blue Can You Get-BB King

Made me open my mind to rap and other genres that weren't blues
Radio Daze-The Roots

You might appreciate this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Zv7JXO5gss&feature=related

One of the best videos of blues or guitar playing i've ever seen. One of the uploads of this performance was one of the major videos for me in getting me into blues.
Selkies:The Endless Obsession- BTBAM
The Illusionist- Scar Symmetry
Godhead's Lament- Opeth
"Any statement beginning with the words 'In truth' is almost always a lie."

The Legion
All Blues-Miles Davis.

Threw open the door to the entire world of jazz for me.
I couldn't think of a thing that I hope tomorrow brings
Page 1 of 2