Page 1 of 3
Hello Pit,

How many songs have you composed and what do you consider to be your best one?

Post it here so we can hear it of course

Gonna post mine later

Less than one but more than zero.

I'm not very good at finishing what I've started.
ggg1 ggg3

I've got like 10+ songs lying around, incomplete.

Longest I composed was inspired by Colony of Birchmen by Mastodon. Then I stopped in the middle of a soloing part because I realized I'm composing things too difficult for myself to play.

Shit was srz.
2 or 3. And about 50 unfinished ones.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Lots, one's I've completed and worked on and perfected? 1.
you're a stone fox
Quote by behind_you
Less than one but more than zero.

I'm not very good at finishing what I've started.

I know that feel, bro. >_>

I've got like two completed songs, but I've forgotten how to play them. They sucked, anyway.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Like 30.

However, as of right now, I only approve of 4 or 5 of them. The rest of them I've destroyed or forgotten about.
I've recorded a ton, the ones that are posted on my profile are just a few. There are only two or three that I feel are great.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
I've got like 3 unfinished comps....
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
I wrote a piece for a string quartet in my Music Theory class, and everyone that's heard it loved it. But that's all I've got. I have a bad habit of starting something and never finishing it. I did have like half of a string orchestra piece written, but I lost it when I had to wipe my computer.
Quote by THEdevilYOUknow
No, it's plain science, women are evil

Quote by MB343
Women = time x money
time = money
Money = √evil
women = √evil x √evil
women = evil
One, I recorded for school that was improvisation, before I learnt how to improvise.

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
On my own, not that many, probably about 100 proper ones if we count all of the stuff i've ever done but a lot of the old ones really suck. As far as new stuff goes maybe 10 on my own that i like.

With the band, if we count me as part of the songwriting then its 23 i think.
I have thousands (It seems like) of scores and tabs on my computer. It's tough to find any one because I don't name them.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
I've got over 105 Guitar Pro files of my own stuff on my computer and more stuff in my head that I haven't bothered to tab out.. They are in a wide array of styles and none of them are finished. I've 'finished' a bunch of them at one time or another only to listen to them and think.. 'this needs more' and so I go on trying to perfect it.. And on and on..

I really need a half-ass 'songwriter' to 'co-write' with me.. Not to write but to say 'that's cool, let's leave it like that'..

I'm too much of a perfectionist for my own good..

Lots if you count all of the stupid things I did in the first year that I discovered Guitar Pro.

If you don't, then 0. I'm fine with this.
I'm not really a musician
I've probably got 6 or 7 complete, but I'm not entirely happy with any of them yet. I also hate sharing my work with people, complete or not, and them making suggestions. I appreciate the thought, but it's my music. If it was in a band scenario, that's totally acceptable, though.
one pretty cool instrumental jazzy thing

an outlaw blues thing about jail

original music with the lyrics of "walking blues"

a lot of other unfinished stuff
"The man that hath no music in himself, nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds, is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils. The motions of his spirit are dull as night, and his affections dark as Erebus. Let no such man be trusted."
most of the stuff on my youtube channel is stuff i wrote and finished
i have more stuff that i think is horrible or just havent finished or recorded

the stuff i have with my band i wouldnt count as stuff i compose dsince most of it was a group effort althoguth i do write most of the music...im shite at lyrics though
Last edited by supersac at Jan 13, 2012,
Quote by ChamsRock
I've probably got 6 or 7 complete, but I'm not entirely happy with any of them yet. I also hate sharing my work with people, complete or not, and them making suggestions. I appreciate the thought, but it's my music. If it was in a band scenario, that's totally acceptable, though.

I used to be like that...and i know that feeling. It's like they're taking away something you really wanted in the blink of an eye through suggestion.

Now kinda just divide what's for other people and what I really want.

It's a nice compromise mostly because what I compose for my band is mostly incomplete anyway and not finalized at all
I have at least 20/25 fully done songs. Lots of them done with 2 of my bands, and a lot of them done on my own.

Too bad the files to a LOT of them were all on my old, currently dead laptop >.> . Had no backup. Jesus.
Then I shall insert my erect penis into the narrow vaginal cavity of my blood-relative whom I predate by approximately 5 years.
Way more than I could hope to remember.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
No 'songs' as such, but about 15-20 compositions.

A couple are on here.

http://soundcloud.com/stefan-wilson/the-importance-of-fidelity

http://soundcloud.com/stefan-wilson/brass-quintet-no2

have a listen if you want
I made 4 and haven't named 'em except for one because it's a medley. I named that Astroburn.

Also have a few unfinished ones and lots of idea.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Quote by gothblade
Listened to the first one...sounds like what I would hear in a Castlevania game in a creepy stage...pretty cool

Video game music writing is a career I would pursue in a heartbeat. It's just so competitive, and I know nobody in the industry.
Quote by Tanglewoodguit
Video game music writing is a career I would pursue in a heartbeat. It's just so competitive, and I know nobody in the industry.

Well you seem to be in the right the direction at the least. I wish you luck my good man. :
Music-wise? Like..... 8.

Lyric-wise? None whatsoever.
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
4 complete ones
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children
I have like 20 something tuxguitar files on my computer that are over a minute long. They vary in complexity though, only fair to call like 5 of those songs.
I dunno. A lot. I wouldn't call myself prolific by any means, but things add up over the years, and frankly I haven't been counting.

Best ones are in my sig. :3
Page 1 of 3