Hey!
I have a yamaha pacifica 012 and it has a white pickguard. I've always wanted to change its colour so how can I repaint the pickguard? I wanna make it look glossy and I need to give it a different colour. And for the paint to stay on the pickguard, wont I have to brush it with sand paper or something?
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
You should probably just look up new Yamaha (I assume it's a Pacifica) pickguards. Painting a pickguard is way more trouble than it's worth.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
my chemical romance are a bunch of homos making love to a mic and you like that cuz your a huge gay wad. You should feel pathetic for being such a gaywad you gay mcr loving gaywad olllol.
Quote by Reisgar42
You should probably just look up new Yamaha (I assume it's a Pacifica) pickguards. Painting a pickguard is way more trouble than it's worth.

It is? I thought all I had to do was, remove the pickguard, sandpaper it, paint a few coats. And then its done right? And I searched for pickguards but i live in india and they don't ship it here.
Yamaha Pacifica 012
Peavey Vypyr 15

Quote by jukejointjohnny
Pro Tip - Neck pickup, tone dial rolled all the way off, makes tuners respond WAY more accurately. I only learned this trick fairly recently, and it actually works.
Quote by amithkallupalam
It is? I thought all I had to do was, remove the pickguard, sandpaper it, paint a few coats. And then its done right? And I searched for pickguards but i live in india and they don't ship it here.

That's it in a nutshell but you have to have the proper paint to bond to plastic. Paint also easily scratches off of a pick guards when the pick hits it.
Try dying the white pickguard. I've done that on plastic before. Remove all components, clean with a strong cleaner to remove any polish, grease / oils, mix Rit dye with hot water and submerge the pickguard in a shallow plastic cake pan. You'll need to wear painters latex gloves or you'll color your hands. Remove it every hour or two to see if the color is where you want it. Rinse and dry. This may take a long time 24 - 48 hours to dye it.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic