Page 1 of 2
My brand spankin' new song, entirely instrumental. I used my guitars to make it sound like a duet singing.... It's beautiful, check it out! It's supposed to convey the feeling of optimism :P

Notes: It's recorded using my guitar plugged into my digitech rp150 effects pedal, then USB-d into the computer, used "Reaper" digital audio workshop

Resonance - Break in the clouds
Last edited by Resonance. at Jan 19, 2012,
I havn't hear of them, no D: Thanks, I might wind up buying a microphone and singing for my next song. Im more of an alternative rock player myself, But I would like to combine the alternative rock singing style with the metal guitar playing style
ahh checkin it.

youve done something real nice here man. Just nice clean and simple playing. You should sing, even if just using the voice as more of an instrument, i encourage your direction!!
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Thanks alot ^^ Did you get to the solo yet? it's ironically at 4:20 I wanted to keep things simple yet fun :3
Last edited by Resonance. at Jan 14, 2012,
A really nice piece. I liked the build of the song, and nice tones as well. I also thought at times it was a bit slow but overall a great song.
Thanks I meant for it to sound kinda like rain, and its supposed to make you feel relaxed
I liked the tone on your acoustic guitar. Sounds good and so does the clean melodies you played. I think the electric guitar rhythm sections might have been a little too harsh got the song. Also you should try adding a little reverb effect to the solos to sweeten it up. Nice song and good job. Thanks for checking out mines!
Simple and enjoyable! Had a pleasant and relaxing feel to it. I think you managed to convey "optimism" quite well. My only complaint would be that it maybe dragged on for a bit too long, it could maybe use something just a little unexpected in some places, either a short bridge used multiple times or a longer part in the middle that differs from the rest. But overall very nice, good playing aswell.

Link to my stuff if you feel like checking it out. https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511411
I love your playing style! Very very raw pure talent going there And that's a one time recording? It took me like 3 months to figure out my DAW software and re-recording all the stuff till I liked how it sounded! You have buckets of talent
i mistakenly put this on my thread >.< wow dude amazing playing, it has such a pure sound to it!!! then when i picked up i was like awhhhh yeahh 8) haha very crisp guitar tones i like very much but your electric tone sounds soild state like to my ear but besides that i love it great job!!!!!!
Ibanez sz720fm,Ibbly RG350DX, Custom Tele-> Dunlop 535Q->RAT Pro co II-> Ibanez Fuzz->Marshall Haze 40.
Tascam US-800 and a hand full of Mics into Nedundo 4

my music, new recording on the way in 2014

[B]insert witty italicized quote here
Quote by jwax
i mistakenly put this on my thread >.< wow dude amazing playing, it has such a pure sound to it!!! then when i picked up i was like awhhhh yeahh 8) haha very crisp guitar tones i like very much but your electric tone sounds soild state like to my ear but besides that i love it great job!!!!!!

Yeah i saw xD Thanks alot I appreciate it! I sent it away to iTunes for approval, and ill be getting the link in a week (costed me a whole 9.99$ D:< So we'll see what happens
HI ..Thanks for your crit....
Break in the clouds has a Promising start with the acoustic. ...The strums are very nice & Heavy..the unexpected pre-solo at 2.33 was nice.but repeating that again made the song monotonous ,but maybe that's just me...U have loads of talent dude on the axe...But i would really pay to listen to this type of music...Great job....
Quote by kapilvaidya
HI ..Thanks for your crit....
Break in the clouds has a Promising start with the acoustic. ...The strums are very nice & Heavy..the unexpected pre-solo at 2.33 was nice.but repeating that again made the song monotonous ,but maybe that's just me...U have loads of talent dude on the axe...But i would really pay to listen to this type of music...Great job....

Thanks, I appreciate the mentioning of my talent... I come from a long line of music-ly inclined people, and I never had lessons, Im self-taught. I'm not too good with bookwork/sheetwork, so I often resort to music to keep the stress of bookwork away
Thanks for the crit, it wasn't my best singing performance tbh but I appreciate the pointers and will try them out in a couple of minutes when I lay down the vocal track for my next song

Listening to your song as I crit and it's really good, beautifully well written and well recorded. It feels as if theres a lot more than just a couple of guitars going so it's a very 'full' sound.

Finished and I can't really fault it at all, I would however suggest that you may want to find a singer to accompany you. Also if you want to keep doing this sort of stuff I think a sitar would sound awesome with this kind of song.

I've added you as a contact on youtube and hope to see more soon
I think the chorus on the clean leads make it sound a little corny I would of gone with some delay/reverb personally. The acoustic sounds nice but I would of liked to had it layered under the first guitar part that would made it extra nice, but instead it just kind of forgets it and that momentum is gone and it's a whole different piece. You could really go for some atmosphere, some reverb would really fill it out. The solo tone is okies, sounds a little telephoned, also the whole song just speeds up near the end so be careful of that. Some percussion would be nice, the distorted rhythm guitar is a tad distracting. One of the notes in the solo kind of clashes. Alright I'm gonna stop making suggestions It's actually pretty well written, and the chord progressions are very nice and transition very well which is not something a lot of people can do.
I think this comment sums up it nicely:

Not much to say, just pure awesomeness Good job !

This is simply brilliant. I can't say anything beyond that. Sorry for the serious lack of any real critique, but thanks for checking mine out
Thanks for your crit on my stuff, man (https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511478). Any encouragement helps

Totally worth the three months you took to put this together, I can feel the positive vibes throughout the whole thing. The layers of guitars fit well together and don't drown each other out. Liked when the distorted solo guitar kicked in, the notes don't seem wasted at all. I really dig it! Keep this stuff coming!
Listening to it as I write this, and at the moment. I love the sound of it. It's simple, yet nice. The only real problem is when you have the distorted guitars comes in, even though briefly, it just sounds a little odd to me.
Awesome stuff, reminds me a lot of Explosions in the Sky.

Keep up the good work.
Where has the time gone?
Great quality sound with the acoustics. I love the build of it. All guitars go great together. The distorted leads fit in very well too. I really liked the last lead...awesome solo man. I like how u ended with everything slowing down and quiet. Very relaxing and great building of a song man. Keep it up. thanks for the crit
My Music
http://www.myspace.com/theocifers
GUITARS:
Gibson ES-335
Gretsch Pro Jet
Guild Acoustic
1958 Harmony Hollowbody Archtop
AMPS & EFFECTS:
Vox Valvetronix AD50VT
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
Electro-Harmonix USA Big Muff
Danelectro Daddy-O
That Solo! I'm really digging it. So melodic and full of emotion. I also love the tone of the acoustics. I do find however that the rhythm distorted guitars were a bit too loud during the solo. Other then that, excellent work!
Gear: Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Fender Marshall III Amplifier
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Dunlop Crybaby Wah-Wah Pedal
Boss DD-3 Digital Delay Pedal
Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble Pedal
Very, very cool; i like it. If i were you I'd turn down the rhythm/strumming a little bit in the leveling so that the solo bits shine through; Personally i'd also try to eq your recording gear so that the chords sound a little lighter and tack on a hint of reverb to give it a wide open feel. I'd also 'darken' the tone of the lead guitar but that's just me :P

All in all, very, very nice song; i'd just adjust some of the levels to shine it up a bit.
You nailed that "optimism" feel. I can imagine myself walking in the rain while listening to that.
The distortion tone that comes at 3:35 sounds a bit too harsh imo. The solo also got buried in the other guitar at some points, maybe "clear" it out a bit ?

Other than that, great work man. Leaving a comment on youtube also.
i love instrumentals. the transition to the chords was a bit off, or weird. But i love the song. Please please please if you have a mandolin, put it in this song, it would fit perfectly, unless the high part is a mandolin? sounds like it, good job
Page 1 of 2