Page 1 of 2
Has anyone/does anyone go to concerts alone? I've never done it and don't really want to do it, but I kind of really want to see the show. Couple of friends who were going backed out and I don't know anyone else who wants to see it. Tickets are sold out so I could probably sell the ticket pretty easily.

Is it weird/boring to go to concerts alone?

Concert is Kanye West, btw.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
You always end up getting split up from your mates after about 10 mins anyway so i say go for it. The only difference being you have no one to shoot the sh*t with inbetween bands really.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
if i told my friends i was going to see kanye west, I would be going alone!
Quote by jarv78
if i told my friends i was going to see kanye west, I would be going alone!

This is a large part of the reason I can't find anyone.
"lolwut can't spell crap without rap"
"lolol i'mma let you finish but you faggit lawl"
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Fact is nobody has ever proven smoking to cause cancer.
I did it once because I got hold of a single ticket at the last minute a few years ago. It was OK, I enjoyed listening to the music, but I definitely didn't enjoy it as much as other concerts I've been to as a big part of the concert experience is the social element of being there with friends.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
EVH 5150 III LBXII
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Whatever man, just go for it. Make some new friends. As Norm Macdonald once said, you may think a ship made of gold would be the most valuable, but you're wrong. You know what the best kind of ship is? Friendship; and you can never have enough of it.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
I have made tons of friends at shows by going alone that I think I would've never met if I had gone with my friend.

I always go alone too, because my friends have a better music taste.
Just do it man, that shit cray!
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Quote by sacamano79
Just do it man, that shit cray!
Unrelated, but aren't you the guy who got so wasted you had to go to the hospital and then asked if you had grounds to sue because they performed expensive medical procedures without your consent?

Because the A&M sig is so familiar.
I haven't really done it intentionally, but on festival's I've often been separated from my entourage for long times. I still enjoy seeing the gigs alone, and in between the gigs I've met new people and had many good conversations with them. My favorite random people were these two japanese chicks I met at Helsinki's Tuska festival a few years back. They were nice and cute and we had a good talk in both english and japanese, and when Immortal took the stage, they f*ckin' lost it and did better in the moshpit than I, even if they had a combined body mass of a third of mine.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Quote by jetfuel495
Unrelated, but aren't you the guy who got so wasted you had to go to the hospital and then asked if you had grounds to sue because they performed expensive medical procedures without your consent?

Because the A&M sig is so familiar.

Yep, that was me. In the end I realized that what they did was reasonably necessary and even if I wanted to fight it, I doubt I would have gotten anywhere. In the end insurance knocked the $32,000 down to about $1200. Still no chump change though :/
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
I've been let down by friends at the last minute and instead of just not going, I went by myself. It's all about the music at the end of the day and although it's lovely to share that moment with somebody else, it's also lovely to sometimes have it as a personal memory that you can reflect upon.
If you're worried about looking like a loner, just remember that many people lose their friends at shows so nobody will bat an eyelid.
If you're seat though, that could be awkward.
I saw Bob Dylan on my own and it was great - one of the few shows where it was probably better on my own than if mates had been there with me. I say just go and have fun with it.
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Holy Crap.

I love you more than life itself.
It's cool going to concerts alone because you can just go completely mental and not have to worry about other people and meeting them and stuff afterwards so in fact it is very refreshing.

The only annoying bit is between bands being on your own, and obviously the traveling aspect, but you can talk to people in between bands.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Done it twice cause I was in a foreign country with no friends who liked the same music. I was not going to miss Protest the Hero because of it! It's definitely a lot more fun with friends, especially if you wanna hang around to meet the band afterwards or show off your new moshing skills, but if you really like the artist then just go alone.
I've done it loads of times and I really don't mind. I usually end up making friends/chatting to people there.
Done it loads of times. It's no biggie. (No rapper like). Go for it TS.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
I go alone all the time. The few times I do go with mates, I lose them during the music, and I enjoy my own company enough that I don't need anyone to talk to between performers.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
You have to go, that concert is wild. Plus you always end up losing your friends anyway. It'll be weird until they come out, but its well worth it.
If its GA its fine because you can mingle mosh ect. ect It doesn't make a difference you tend to lose tyour buddies anyway. If its seated it can get quite depressing being alone.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
I've went to see GNR alone. If you really want to go, just by a ticket and go.
Skip the username, call me Billy
Go, and have fun.

A concert is an awesome place to meet people and make new friends.

I do think you may have more fun if it's an outdoor venue though, or one where you get a lot of walking room. Otherwise you're seated by the same people for the show.
I saw Coheed and Cambria and Deftones on my own. Was still a great night and I had loads of fun meeting new people. Shame I wasn't a Deftones fan really.
Quote by Renka
OddOneOut is an Essex S&M mistress and not a pirate or a computer program.

I go to gigs alone all the time. It's not hard to meet new people there because before you even speak to them you know you have at least one thing in common, and once you've done that a few times it's pretty likely you'll bump into the same people again at other gigs, especially if they're small ones. That's how it usually works for me anyway.
I've been to concerts both with and without anyone else. There's no real difference. You end up enjoying the music on your own either way. Go for it!
Some people just wanna watch the world burn. Wanna join me when I take my turn to pour the gas, light the match, see your world flip upside down and drop until it's inside out?
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Quote by aerosmithfan95
If you really want to go, just by a ticket and go.

+1

i've gone to a bunch of gigs alone. wasn't that pleased about having to do it, but if i wanted to see the band enough i was willing to do it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've never been to a concert alone, but I would rather go alone than with a group because the chance of getting separated are pretty good.

Quote by josh999x
I've done it a few times.

Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Custom Shop Silverburst (Invader/'59)
-Ovation ApplauseAE44II Elite Black Acoustic

Amps/Cabs
-Peavey 6505+ Head
Orange PPC2x12 Cab Black
-Behringer Ultracoustic ACX450 1x8 Acoustic Combo

Wayyyyy too many effects pedals...
Page 1 of 2