Hi guys! give my metal band a listen to, we have our first demo up! recorded at home, programmed drums. give us some feedback on general sound, riffs, structure, mix...that sort of thing!

you can find the song on my profile or head over to:

1) www.reverbnation.com/theredeemednoise
2) www.facebook.com/theredeemednoise

thanks guys \m/

post a link to your stuff and i will gladly return the favor.
Ooh from Kingston hey? Not far from me at all!

But anyway some of the tapping bits reminded me of Oh, Sleeper especially at 1:00. But in general the riffs were pretty good, the intro came in strong and got me in the mood. When the first verse kicks in though, it almost feels like the tempo's a bit too slow. I quite liked everything up to the riff that starts at like 1:35, it just sounds a little boring and repeats too much. Not sure how necessary the breakdown straight after it is either, but the section that came after the breakdown was really cool.

The screams were pretty sick in general, especially the low growls near the end. I like how the bass is quite clearly audible and actually adds to the piece. I think you know the production could be better, although tbh it just seems like it's like a low quality version of the song, because the guitar tones sound pretty good actually, and the drums sound good too. Sometimes it feels like the vocals are too high in the mix, and the solo is too high in the mix for sure.

But overall, pretty solid song man, not the most original, but I enjoyed it.

Care to return the crit?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511530
Hey mate! we are actually from around guildford/Leatherhead way but my KT post code says i am kingston apparently haha! where are you based?

thanks for taking the time to feedback though mate, thats great! with regards to production, you are totally right, this was my first real go at making a half decent sounding demo with the cheap gear i have so hopefully things will get better. i will lower the volume of solo for sure and give the vocals a listen to again. now you've mentioned that riff its kind of bugging me now too haha i will try and spice that up a little or just change it totally!

i will head over to your page now man and give your stuff a listen!

thanks again. \m/
Loved the screams a lot. I do agree the beginning was a bit repetitive. Just work on the song structure a bit and you'll be fine. I sing, play guitar, and program myself. I have a reverbnation account (http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/justinhundley) Please C4C on my first song (Hold up(electronic part for a songI'm working on)) and my Cowboy King full band cover?? Thanks and great job!
alright mate! i have just added you on reverb nation, i will take a listen to your tunes later and give you some feedback! thanks for the pros on the vocals and i will work on that riff a bit more! thanks a lot!
Screams were VERY on point. I'd try and mix the vocals in a bit, they dont necessarily have to be LOUD to be the forefront of attention.

It is nice for the genre, not groundbreaking, but with better production it would definitely be something people are into.

C4C

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1511860
Don't tell me what can not be done

Don't tell me what can be done, either.

I love you all no matter what.
Quote by *Money4Nothing*
Hey mate! we are actually from around guildford/Leatherhead way but my KT post code says i am kingston apparently haha! where are you based?

thanks for taking the time to feedback though mate, thats great! with regards to production, you are totally right, this was my first real go at making a half decent sounding demo with the cheap gear i have so hopefully things will get better. i will lower the volume of solo for sure and give the vocals a listen to again. now you've mentioned that riff its kind of bugging me now too haha i will try and spice that up a little or just change it totally!

i will head over to your page now man and give your stuff a listen!

thanks again. \m/

Ahh really? I'm around Guildford quite often actually haha. I'm from Hounslow but I'm at Bournemouth uni now so I'm a bit of everywhere really.
Nice intro. Guitar tone is not terrible but could be better. I think the rhythm guitars could be higher in the mix at some points, also you could maybe quad track them to make them sound heavier. Vocals suit the song well. Bass sounds good. Ended a little suddenly. Overall good solid song though!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508244
Quote by MetalCommand
Nice intro. Guitar tone is not terrible but could be better. I think the rhythm guitars could be higher in the mix at some points, also you could maybe quad track them to make them sound heavier. Vocals suit the song well. Bass sounds good. Ended a little suddenly. Overall good solid song though!

C4C?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1508244

Hi mate! Thanks for the comments! I will head over to that link now and take a listen! How would you improve the guitar tone on our song? Do you mean eq or just generally? I use my schecter hellraiser with a bad monkey into a valveking 212 pre amp with impulses in logic. Apart from micing what would you change?

Thanks
Quote by JHundley35
Loved the screams a lot. I do agree the beginning was a bit repetitive. Just work on the song structure a bit and you'll be fine. I sing, play guitar, and program myself. I have a reverbnation account (http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/justinhundley) Please C4C on my first song (Hold up(electronic part for a songI'm working on)) and my Cowboy King full band cover?? Thanks and great job!

Hi mate, sorry for the late reply just checked out your song "hold up" on reverbnation. sounds great, pretty professional sounding production man, all the different really fit well together! i really like the part at around 1min-ish where the piano comes in, sounds great. i was nodding my head all the way through, and can imagine some distorted guitars over the top...if thats what you were planning? Maybe the drums could go down a little, the snare? i dont listen to electronic music really so i hope my comments are valid. good work though man!
Quote by *Money4Nothing*
Hi mate! Thanks for the comments! I will head over to that link now and take a listen! How would you improve the guitar tone on our song? Do you mean eq or just generally? I use my schecter hellraiser with a bad monkey into a valveking 212 pre amp with impulses in logic. Apart from micing what would you change?

Thanks

Hmm well I'm not an expert, I usually record DI and have software to model the overdrive pedal and amp as well as the impulses. You could try having a play around with that approach, see if it yields better results. I use the programs Tube Screamer's Secret (overdrive) and Lepu Lecto(amp sim), which are both free. I don't particularly think it's an EQ issue, although I guess if you really know what your doing a lot, you can always improve things a bit that way.
Also, I could be completely mistaken here, but you seem to go from preamp straight to impulse (I'm guessing via a lineout socket on the 212), doesn't that mean you skip the poweramp stage? Although am not actually sure how important that is. Anyway it's not like it was a really bad tone or anything. Was ok just lacked a little bit of bite or something I felt.

And thanks for the crit on mine, btw