Poll: Polygamy- Should it be legal, and would you do it?
Poll Options
View poll results: Polygamy- Should it be legal, and would you do it?
It should be legal, and I would do it.
12 13%
It should be legal, but I wouldn't do it.
50 53%
It should remain illegal, but I would do it if it were legal anyways.
2 2%
It should remain illegal, and I wouldn't do it regardless.
31 33%
Voters: 95.
So Pit, what are your moral and legal views on the concept of polygamy? Would you do it if it were legal? Should it be legal? Do you think it has any possible benefits to society?
Personally, I wouldn't do it, but I see no reason why it should be illegal if all parties give their consent.
I think if it was legal there'd be a new master race of gold diggers getting married to anything that moves. It's probably a good idea to keep it illegal.

Edit: also this

Quote by Good_Lord
Guys with many gf's = less girls available for the virgin pitdweller.
Last edited by LRCGUITAR at Jan 14, 2012,
Guys with many gf's = less potential girls available for the virgin pitdweller.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Jan 14, 2012,
Do not want.

Should it remain illegal? I say yes.

Would i participate if it was legal? No. One woman is all I could handle being married to.
Just a sub-par guitar player..

Quote by darkstar2466
Let's make this the Pit's motto:

"Forever alone, together"

IS THIS FREEDOM, OR CONFINEMENT?! FREE MOSCOE_ESPANOL!!!
Quote by Good_Lord
Guys with many gf's = less potential girls available for the virgin pitdweller.

In all seriousness, I don't understand how people can participate in polygamy, but whatever floats their boat.
my job rules. ROCKWORLDEAST

Quote by GisleAune
She is new to the internet, it seems, because there's nothing between extreme love and furious hate here, sadly.
I think it should be legal, and I'd do it providing I have two wives not husband-husband-wife like a devil's marriage.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I've seen no reason for it's illegal status, but I don't condone it or participate in it so idgaf really.
the reason for its illegal status beyond social stigma, it is that the descendants off polygamous marriages were found to be more prone to diseases and birth defects while many women and men were fertile. Further studies found that polygamous marriages resulted in a smaller gene pool (kinda surprised me) which led to these problems as inbreeding occurs in the population has many people now share a common ancestor that is not diluted
I never really considered in-breeding in polygamy, I suppose that makes sense. Also, men aren't the only ones allowed to have more than one partner, so that doesn't entirely take away all the options, although it seems as though almost all women are against the concept of having more than one husband.
We already have polygyny, its called lying about your wife.

We already have polyandry, its called gang rape.
Quote by thanksgiving
I'm coming for you with a castrator!
You sick bastard.

Watch that video below

If this video reaches 1000 views before Christmas, I'll play with my titties on cam.

I don't necessarily agree with it, however I don't believe you should be able to stop any number of people from entering into a contract like marriage with each other if they are all consenting adults.

Of course, I think it would have to be equal to both sexes and sexual orientations. A man with a lot of wives is only okay if there's also a woman with a lot of husbands, man with a lot of husbands etc.

If all parties consent, and there is no harm to anyone, it shouldnt be illegal.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
If people want to do it, and as long as everyone involved consents, I don't see any reason why it should be illegal.
You're using UG classic, congratulations.
You should be using UG classic.

E-Married to Guitar0Player

http://the llama forum because its gone forever which sucks and I hate it.
Quote by Guitardude19

If all parties consent, and there is no harm to anyone, it shouldnt be illegal.

This.

And are you really a scientist or is that just your gimmick?

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
Quote by moscaespañol
This.

And are you really a scientist or is that just your gimmick?

I genuinely am a scientist. I am an organic and medicinal chemist.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Quote by Guitardude19
I genuinely am a scientist. I am an organic and medicinal chemist.

That's cool.

just know from now on I'm picturing you like this

281-330-8004, that's my cell phone number, hit me up on the low
A big problem with polygamy (in the USA) is that it creates a lot of tax/benefit issues. If you made marriage a non-legal contract then I'd be ok with polygamy being legal.
Check out my band Disturbed
should be legal. No reason to keep it illegal.
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
If you want to be with as many women as possible then don't get married. If you only want to be with one woman then get married. It's that simple.
Quote by WaterGod
If you want to be with as many women as possible then don't get married. If you only want to be with one woman then get married. It's that simple.

I'd only support it if everyone involved was aware of all the marriages.
I didn't know about inbreeding in polygamy, so that might change my position.
Don't see why not. I remember my philosophy professor from way back in freshman year telling us about his cabin in Utah, and how some of his neighbors were from a fringe Mormon offshoot that still secretly practiced polygamy. Like irl Big Love.
Quote by jakesmellspoo
ooh look at me i'm ERIKLENSHERR and i work at fancy pants desk jobs and wear ties and ply barely legal girls with weed and booze i'm such a classy motherfucker.
Talk about something that would be more trouble than it was worth.
I don't have any desire to partake in it, but I don't see why it should be illegal.

If consenting adults decide they want to do it, then I don't see the problem.