So, I use a Digitech Rp255, and i have a Marshall AVT 20. I was playing with tones, and having fun, and i think i made something funny. So, I was recently thinking about using a ZW pedal to boost my amp, but couldnt afford it. So I made many essays with my amp and pedal together, but couldnt find something nice. But, this time, i tried amp modelling of my processor to JCM800 head and digitech metal cabinet's distortion, with the boost of Guyatone OD-2 drive at 30(/100) (all modellings) wit a little bit gain, and then boosted all with my marshall's valve distortion channel (so that i wasnt using transsitor clean channel but the valve channel), and got an analog like sound, instead of digital sound of processor, and got a great tone. EQ was spooked, no delay-reverb etc. That was a sure metal tone, and i recommend you to essay such things if you have a processor.
Essays?
My Soundcloud
Always up for some C4C, been compared to Frank Turner, The Cure's Robert Smith and Bruce Springsteen so check out my stuff if you like the sound of that
The word is assay, not essay.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100