Hello,

I recently got a new MXR Carbon Copy. Great sounding pedal. The only problem is that I when I activate the pedal I notice a significant volume decrease coming out of my amp.

I'm running the pedal through the effects loop of a Mesa Express 25. All other pedals appear to be working fine. Ideas appreciated.

Thanks.
When I had mine I remember that I lost volume and tone when it was in front of the amp, but it worked fine in the effects loop. Maybe try changing it's place in the chain, change the battery, or use a different power supply other than a battery. Even try adjusting the Mix. Again I never had an issue with mine so it could also be a defect...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
i haven't tried the carbon copy, but my tonerider analogue delay does that in the loop- in front of teh amp it's fine.

either run it in front of the amp (won't work so well with preamp distortion), or i guess you could try a boost in the loop if you'd prefer it in the loop (though that does mean kicking on two effects). EDIT: ^ also try rearranging its position, as said, just in case some of your other pedals are affecting it. if they're true bypass though i'm guessing that'd be very unlikely.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Jan 14, 2012,
Had that problem with my phase 90 in the loop. It was an impedance issue, try running a buffer (or a non true bypass pedal in standby) after your delay before it goes back into your amp.
Don't use it.

Sorted.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.