What is your favorite strings? What's your flavor of string gauge? Do you tie them in a knot or do you tie them in a bow? This is a serious question, i'm about to re string my 7 string and i'm thinking of tryin boomers. Have used Elixirs and of corse Ernie Balls, I usually play 9's too because I stay in standard tuning or go a whole step down to play DEATH.
I use D'addario 10-46 for standard and drop d. 9's feel flimsy to me. Depending on the guitar, 9's pretty much feel like playing on floss to me. I used Ernie Ball's for a long time but i finally found something else I like.
I'm gonna say D'addario 10-59 pack. For Drop G# I'm using a 10-46 pack with a .066 for the low G#
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I used to use Pyramind flatwound mediums (48-11) on my les paul, but they ended up just being too expensive, now, I just use regular old Ernie Ball Pure Nickel power slinkies (48-11) on my les paul and pure nickel regular slinkies (46-10) on my strat. Both guitars in E standard.

I don't really fret that much about different brands of strings, honestly, they're more the less all the same to me.
Last edited by al112987 at Jan 14, 2012,
Quote by al112987
I used to use Pyramind flatwound mediums (48-11) on my les paul, but they ended up just being too expensive, now, I just use regular old Ernie Ball Pure Nickel power slinkies (48-11) on my les paul and pure nickel regular slinkies (46-10) on my strat. Both guitars in E standard.

I don't really fret that much about different brands of strings, honestly, they're more the less all the same to me.

I've noticed a difference, and believe me it's huge. D'addario nickel wounds are my favorite because they're very bright and last quite a while. I would use the stainless strings but they're hard to find and not too kind to my frets.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Go ahead and try the Boomers. They are different and you may like it. I did and bought a ten pack.

After I used the sets I went tried the Gibson Vintage Reissue. They sound pretty much like the Boomers so you can save your money. I bought a six pack but I like 'em both.
Parker PDF30
Vox VT40+
Elixir 10s. I don't uber thick strings. I only play in E, Eb, or Drop D tunings.