I have searched for this but couldn't find anything.

I've got a brand new out of the box Ibanez Tube Screamer, it worked fine for a week, but all of a sudden - when in bypass mode, sound comes through fine, but when turned on - complete silence.

I've tried different power supplies, different guitars, amps, cables, on its own with no other pedals and no daisy chain, different plug sockets - no change.

What could this be?

Any ideas welcome.
The led does come on, yes. I'd quite like to learn the problem and fix it if possible because I suspect the mysterious problem with my wah pedal having no effect may be something similar.
Talk to Tim, from Toyroom Effects. He'll fix it up for you.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

Greeny23, he's a regular around here. Or, depending on where you are, talk to Matt from Ataraxia Eningeering (mmtolerex). There are quite a few guys in the Pedalboard Thread that are proficient enough with a soldering iron to fix it up for you if you are so inclined.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

First thing to do is open it up and check for loose wires.

If you want to fix these things, you will probably need minimal equipment like a digital multimeter with continuity testing and build yourself an audio probe.

IF you had an audio probe, you could go through the circuit and see where the signal stops.