Ah, it's been a while since I made a thread.

Once again, it prides me to be from the yay area because of bands like this one. I present to you Oxbow - masters of despair.

Long playlist thanks to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26NRz-35QOg&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PL7BCB0AA17EF6F816
http://www.myspace.com/theoxbow
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jan 14, 2012,
Quote by Sanitarium91
Notice that you accidentally put this in the metal forum. How embarrassing.

Indeed.
On playing the Paul Gilbert signature at the guitar store extensively, my missus sighed:
"Put it down now, It's like you love that guitar more than me!"
In Which I replied.
"Well it has got two F-Holes!"
I would post it in Other, but no one ever goes there. Oxbow is brutal - listen to them.

And when did the metal forum become such a place of immediate resentment? People used to be friendly around here. If you don't want my thread here, that's fine - I'll delete it. Don't be an asshole about it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Last edited by darkstar2466 at Jan 14, 2012,
Sounds pretty metal to me.

I mean, it's got instruments, and people playing them, and the words that the guy sings and stuff. You guys are just being elitists trying to split hairs over sub-sub-subgenres, as always.

Can't we just call metal metal?

... Anyway, you're right, this is pretty brutal. I like it.
Quote by darkstar2466
I would post it in Other, but no one ever goes there. Oxbow is brutal - listen to them.

And when did the metal forum become such a place of immediate resentment? People used to be friendly around here. If you don't want my thread here, that's fine - I'll delete it. Don't be an asshole about it.
I listened and it was actually alright. I was just taking the piss.
I really like the song on Youtube. It has a nice "vibe" if that's what the kids are still saying these days. I most certainly will check this band out.

I'll have a bourbon.
Quote by darkstar2466
And when did the metal forum become such a place of immediate resentment? People used to be friendly around here.

That's a good one.
Quote by madbasslover
I'm not overly fond of the singer's voice. It's a bit too whiny. I like the music though. Metal or not, it definitely seems worth checking out.

This is what I thought.

Heard about these guys via Intronaut linear notes. Was hopeful going in, left disappointed.