Ok so I'm building a hollow body 6 string cigar box guitar, but my budget is really tight, so for now I'm looking to buy a cheap off brand electric guitar, and throwing all of the parts into it just to see how good it turns out, and then later on I will upgrade it. Anyways I was wondering if you could suggest me some cheap names, or where I could find a cheap hh guitar for around $65 (usd) Thanks guys

Another thing has came up I've also thought of making it a resonator instead of an electric, which would you suggest? Thanks.
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Ideas anyone??
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
Craigslist, Pawn store, Flea Market....

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
Been there, done that lol any specific brands?
~Jimi Hendrix
First Act is dirt cheap

Feed my eyes, can you sew them shut?
Jesus christ, deny your maker
He who tries, will be wasted
Feed my eyes now youve sewn them shut
I saw a cigar box kit on ebay for like 65 the other day.
Yes, I'm from California, yes I like Hockey, no I do not like the Ducks, yes I like the Kings!
most newer squiers have a universal routing meaning you could even put three humbuckers into them if you wanted. I know when i modded my squier, it was routed like that... you can buy used squiers REALLY cheap from almost anywhere. But I know mine was made in 2008 if that helps.
Thanks for the help guys, budgets suck!!
~Jimi Hendrix
Bezdez, an Ebay guitar parts store has good parts at low prices.
You get what you pay for. My electric cigar box guitars cost hundreds of dollars because the parts cost just as much as for a real guitar.
CBG's can be built many ways. I prefer full tilt electric because, to me, acoustic CBG's sound unimpressive to say the least. But some builders like to build "primitive" instruments, with fretless broomstick necks and three strings.
The trick is to get a box big enough to be able to set the neck into it and get the scale length right.
Good luck.
Last edited by Guitbuilder at Jan 15, 2012,