Been having problems with my Line6 UX1 as far as my active instruments go. My Warwick Corvette $$ and my Jim Root Tele (Emg 81 in the bridge) both either clip or sound a little harsh coming through this interface. It's not the most expensive thing in the world and I'm assuming I could find something that'll do the job a little better than the line 6. Does anyone have any recommendations. Here is an example of both the bass and guitar issues I'm having:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/19504966/basstest.mp3
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Your pickups are either set too high, or your input gain is set too high on the interface. Does the UX1 not have a Pad?

I've actually had this issue before with active pickups, and it usually ends up being that the pickup is setup too high.

BTW, other than the harsh clipping on the bass at parts, I really like the tone you're getting out of it. What are you using?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^Have you compared it with the original Fast Track? The new ones intrigue me, cause they look awesome, but the originals had junk preamps IMO. For the price of the new ones, I'd hope they've updated to some better pres.

I'd just be hesitant about buying any M-Audio/Avid things right now. They completely screwed over their customers on the Pro Tools 10 release (myself included), there's no telling what they'll do next. I plan to avoid them like the plague from here on out
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
The UX1 doesn't have a pad input, which is why I'm looking at an upgrade.

It's a Warwick Corvette $$, bridge pick up boosted treble. When the bass is playing on it's own the only eq is a high pass and a notch at 100hz to let the kick through. Using the TSE B.O.D. Vst with high presence and mid gain and some hefty compression before it hits the TSE. I Would give you a screenshot but the session for this is at my computer at home and I've just come back to uni!
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
@MC - No, i have no compared it to the orginal Fast Track. I mainly bought it because it had more than 2 outputs because i wanted to be able to "reamp" my guitars trying out different settings etc. I used to use a Lamda Lexicon which was OK but I had major latency issues using it. I've only ever used those two interfaces and im not sure how you compare the "preamps"? Might you point me to an explanation or explain what a cheap preamp might sound like vs a decent preamp? Im guessing one is noisier than the other or something? Seems like a fundamental question but i find myself asking it. (Sorry)