What do you guys prefer better for me?

I have a schecter c-1 classic, and I love this guitar, but I want something lighter to play.

I would love to get a gibson les paul, just because I love the style and tone..

On the other hand, the telecaster is one guitar i've been wanting for awhile, as it's really bright sounding, and I would only wonder how a single coil guitar would sound with my hot rod deluxe. i have small hands, so my 25.5 fret scale guitar on my schecter is kinda a long reach maybe for me when playing, i have to shift my guitar across to the other side, and my arm kinda crooked which feels kinda uncomfortable, I 'm wondering if a gibson's scale is more smaller in terms of this problem.

I play a variety of music, But mainly I play jazz for my highschool, Worship for my youth group, and thinking of joining a post hardcore band after highschool.

Both guitars, I got bids on craigslist, for 400$ for the sg, and finally got the tele to 440$

Let me know your inputs on both guitars, thanks
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Fender Hot Rod Tweed Deluxe
- Crybaby->EBVPJr->TU-2->TS9->OCD->NS-2->DD-20->DL4->RV-5
^ How do you figure?
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
he has a Bucker eqipped guitar already. Genres are jazz and worship currently, They tend to lean towards a more Sc sound. and the H/S configuration seems to be more versatile than the H/H of the gibson.
Also, Id much rather have a (MIA? Seemings new they are £700?) Fender custom than a Faded SG.
Plus the SG is a batman guitar.

Also it appears He has wanted a Tele for a while now. Choice is obvious
the 72 custom is actually made in mexico, and the SG is made in USA. Either ways, I needa try the custom before buying, but in all in all, they're both actually priced the same 700$ guitars.

my c1 classic has coil split 5 way switch, which is why..
- Schecter C-1 Classic
Try both before you buy for comfort, but I would go with the Tele purely for it's versatility.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
If by something lighter, you mean weight, I'd definitely go with the Tele.
Originally posted by supersac
mmh no one has seen god...
no one has seen your penis...
...YOUR PENIS MUST BE GOD!
I'm voting for the Tele too. Awesome guitars, light and versatile. The SG's are cool but I find myself getting bored with the sound after a while, Tele's keep me interested (plus they are sexy as hell).

Just my opinion.
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster
Silvertone 1448L
TC Electronic Polytune
Fender Blues Jr.
More in profile...
Quote by Lespauljames
he has a Bucker eqipped guitar already. Genres are jazz and worship currently, They tend to lean towards a more Sc sound. and the H/S configuration seems to be more versatile than the H/H of the gibson.
Also, Id much rather have a (MIA? Seemings new they are £700?) Fender custom than a Faded SG.
Plus the SG is a batman guitar.

Also it appears He has wanted a Tele for a while now. Choice is obvious

So a bit more information that was in the OP lent you to that statement.

Gotcha.

Feel free to express yours so I can make an informed judgement about how stupid you are.
Another thing about that SG (that I never hear anyone talk about) is the positioning of the strap pin on the neck joint area instead of the horn. This makes the guitar feel really weird balance-wise (at least for me). Does this happen to anyone else?
^ There's some neck dive on SGs with nylon straps.

Thicker, rougher straps like leather will fix that problem because they won't slide.

Oh nice! Never thought about that haha. Too late, though. I sold mine for a nice Tele.
Okay, so here's what happened, I can still get the telecaster for 440$ or get the SG for 325.. she's trying to get rid of her ex-bf's guitar
- Schecter C-1 Classic
My friend used to have a Gibson faded sg. It was an awful guitar. I liked my old Mexican made standard tale better. The sg faded is a terrible excuse for a Gibson guitar.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
^ Depends if you get a good one or not. Some of them are fabulous but you have to try a couple dozen.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
^ Depends if you get a good one or not. Some of them are fabulous but you have to try a couple dozen.

I've played a couple(3 or 4) and I just don't see anything good about them. The pickups are thin and weak and the neck is rough and hard to play. They could have at least sanded the neck down. Really, what the **** is that? The neck isn't sanded?
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Fender has spoiled you.

Quote by bubb_tubbs
Fender has spoiled you.

It's true that I prefer fender, but I have played studio and standard Gibson les Paul's and SG's that I loved. I've actually got my eye on a Gibson les Paul silverburst as my next purchase. The faded SG is in my opinion, a cheaper version of the Standard SG that is only being sold because of it's brand name. I have even played higher end epiphones that I found to be much higher quality.
MM Stingray
MIA P Bass
MIM Jazz Bass
GK 700RB-II Head
GK 410SBX Cab
Sansamp 3 Ch. DI
Crybaby Bass Wah
Bass Big Muff
DD3 Delay

MIA Strat
Nashville Tele
Martin 00015M
Hot Rod Deluxe
Big Muff
DS1
Hendrix Crybaby Wah
Last edited by funkbass369 at Jan 14, 2012,
I loooove SG's, but I can't play them because of the neck dive. My advice would be to play both, but for sure try standing up with a strap with the SG. Personally, I also think the tele would be better for the sounds you want.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
^ You should try the historic model if a used one becomes available. They're amazing SGs and cost about the same as a new Standard.

My R8 LP totally ruined me on non-CS guitars that aren't dirt cheap.