Hey, UG!

I am looking for an inexpensive 8 string electric guitar (about $500 -- very low budget). I've been looking at a few LTD guitars such as the SC-208 -- my favorite currently as I am a huge Stephen Carpenter fan --, the LTD H-208, LTD H-338, and the Agile Intrepid 828 MN. I will most likely be changing out pickups later down the road to Blackouts, but I just need something that will get me by for now.

What I am looking for in the guitar, primarily, is good balance, tuning stability, and one that is relatively easy to play. Before you ask, I cannot try ANY of these guitars out as I live in a small town in Montana where good gear is very scarce and hard to come by.

I will be running the guitar through a Peavey 5150 and a 2x12 cab with Celestion G12T-75 speakers.

Thanks!
R.I.P. Chuck Schuldiner
1967 -- 2001
looks like you have a good headstart at the guitars your looking at. the agile seems like a safe bet
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
the schecter omen 8's are cheap as you get really, or agile. still good for the money especially agile! if you can budge up a bit, you could get the sc 208 - since youre a big fan of stephen carpenter
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Agile seems to be the best value. I was looking into an 8 string and with the LTD I felt I would want something with nicer sooner than later. I'd also rather have an interceptor whivh start at $600 though so that might not be as viable for you.
28" scale might be a bit much, I'd personally go with the h-338 out of those three options. But probably one of the 27" agiles would be the best if you were willing to save up. I think 27" is the biggest I'd go
Guitars
Godin Velocity w/ Schaller locking tuners
Ibanez RG7321 w/ Dimarzio Crunchlab & Liquifire
Seagull Coastline S6 Burst GT QI
Random Ibanez Bass

Gear
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Peavey Valveking 112
will 25.5 be enough? my fender has that, just thought thats kinda wimpy...
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700